PDA

View Full Version : Camera price advice

NoBob
28-Oct-2014, 07:59
Does anyone know what a reasonable price (not collector's price) for a Linhof Kardan M is?

Been trying to check finished/closed Ebay prices, but keep getting page not available results.

Thanks.

neil poulsen
28-Oct-2014, 09:34
I tried an EBay "Linhof Kardan" search for sold listings. But the "M" didn't come up.

There are different versions. I've seen them at KEH listed for the high $2000's.

If I were getting one of these cameras, I'd want it to have rise. The early ones didn't. They depended on front and back tilt to achieve rise.

Bob Salomon
28-Oct-2014, 12:10
All Kardan M cameras had exactly the same controls and movements.

I think Neil is referring to the Linhof M679. There have been three versions of this camera. The original M679 without rear rise, the later M679cc with rear rise and the current M679cs which adds a geared leveling head to the camera as well as front and rear rise.

The Kardan M was one of a line of cameras based on the original Linhof Kardan Super Color JBL which today is the Kardan 45 re. The latest Kardan re is $3,169.00 list and normally retails for about $2700.00 new. The M679cs boady only, with case lists for $11,469.00 and usually retails for about $9500.00 + the required back adapters (sliding or non-sliding) and lens boards.

NoBob
28-Oct-2014, 13:30
Thanks Neil, Bob,

But was wondering about the used/second hand market price.

Bob Salomon
28-Oct-2014, 15:00
Thanks Neil, Bob,

Can't help you there. A camera store selling large format like FotoCare in NYC could help.

neil poulsen
28-Oct-2014, 15:08
Thanks Neil, Bob,

That was the used price, as I recall in about excellent condition. I remember that it wasn't rated as bargain.