PDA

View Full Version : creoscitex eversmart jazz Diagnostics fails

kpathatt
16-Oct-2014, 12:56
I am trying to get my CreoScitex Eversmart Jazz up and running. I have very little experience with this grand scanner besides manual info. Setup seemed to go well. I scanned couple transparencies and got not great results. The scans had a water paper texture to them. So I ran Diagnostics and I keep getting ESL Main Lamp Motor FAIL, ESL Main Lens Motor FAIL and Transparent L FAIL. I am having trouble finding exactly what these FAILs mean. I can do a scan so why am I getting these FAIL messages in Diagnostics. Does anyone know how I address these issues.

Thanks,
Kevin

Evanjoe610
19-Oct-2014, 08:32
Good Morning Kevin,

Its been awhile since I had my hands on my Jazz & JAZZ +. Of the two scanners, both are identical, with the JAZZ + the better scanner.

The messages you received are as following:

1. SL Main Lamp Motor FAIL
This is the reflective bulb that went out on you. The other option, would be that you might had installed it wrong.

2. ESL Transparent L FAIL.
This is the other bulb for transparency film. Both bulbs are the one & the same. Again the option, might be a wrong installation of the bulb.

3. ESL Main Lens Motor FAIL
This is message could be any reason for it to have a fail.
I would think if its time to check if the bulbs were installed correctly FIRST, followed by the outright replacement of the bulb, this message would disappear.

When you purchased this scanner, did you get the very last version software for it to run on OS10.3.9 Panther or Jaguar? I think it was 3.5.1 software.

Do you have the original correct calibration slide and manuals for it?

Unfortunately I am at a disadvantage as I offered for FREE both of these scanners at one point, but being there were no takers, I sold them dirt cheap to Genesis Equipment Marketing. The individual you want to speak to would be Michael Streeter. I gave him everything associated with those two scanners: software, SCSI cable, manuals, spare bulbs and parts...

Here is their website:
http://www.genesis-equipment.com/contact.aspx

Tell me your scanner configuration for now and I will review my notes on my Portable HD that I backup all data to. Maybe I might have software.

BULBS are still available with many of the light bulb companies. You would have to get the information off the bulbs that are current installed in your machine. If you have a manual, the type of bulb information should be listed.

Any additional questions you post it here and I do my best to answer. I am using an Imacon Flextight Precision III and a Scitex Eversmart Pro II.
I have plenty of spare bulbs and the last version of software to keep me running for awhile. Unless I give up on scanning, I plan to use it more often.

Evan

I am trying to get my CreoScitex Eversmart Jazz up and running. I have very little experience with this grand scanner besides manual info. Setup seemed to go well. I scanned couple transparencies and got not great results. The scans had a water paper texture to them. So I ran Diagnostics and I keep getting ESL Main Lamp Motor FAIL, ESL Main Lens Motor FAIL and Transparent L FAIL. I am having trouble finding exactly what these FAILs mean. I can do a scan so why am I getting these FAIL messages in Diagnostics. Does anyone know how I address these issues.

Thanks,
Kevin

baitsbite
16-Nov-2014, 07:06
Hello Kevin,

Based in the UK I also have a Jazz scanner but it now asks for the installation Cd which I cannot find. Its been over six years since I last used it.

(oxygen 3.5.0.1)

So I am wondering if you or the community have a copy of it. ?

I have not had the error messages that you have got but I am noting your thread with interest in case I experience such things

Good luck

kpathatt
17-Nov-2014, 15:34
Evan,
Wow ! Thanks for all this information. I just got this today!!! I guess my prefs are not set correctly to receive responses . I purchased a new Lamp bulb and it seems to taken care of my problem, a reticulated pattern on my scans. We have had a Scitex at the studio for many years until it died. We replaced it with the Jazz version a while back and hadn't used it until now which I why I have been troubleshooting. I had to get a OS 9 computer up and running too which was in itself had plenty of issues. But you say there is new version of Software ?? That interests me.. What kind of connection is used? Is there a SCSI adapter for newer computers? Im not in front of my blazing OS 9 computer (actually its pretty snappy) so I forgot the software version we are running. I am pretty sure it is Eversmart software though.
We do have the Calibration slide but no manuals except for what I found online. Again , thanks for you info and if you find digging around in your hd let me know what you find. Thanks again, Kevin

Good Morning Kevin,

Its been awhile since I had my hands on my Jazz & JAZZ +. Of the two scanners, both are identical, with the JAZZ + the better scanner.

The messages you received are as following:

1. SL Main Lamp Motor FAIL
This is the reflective bulb that went out on you. The other option, would be that you might had installed it wrong.

2. ESL Transparent L FAIL.
This is the other bulb for transparency film. Both bulbs are the one & the same. Again the option, might be a wrong installation of the bulb.

3. ESL Main Lens Motor FAIL
This is message could be any reason for it to have a fail.
I would think if its time to check if the bulbs were installed correctly FIRST, followed by the outright replacement of the bulb, this message would disappear.

When you purchased this scanner, did you get the very last version software for it to run on OS10.3.9 Panther or Jaguar? I think it was 3.5.1 software.

Do you have the original correct calibration slide and manuals for it?

Unfortunately I am at a disadvantage as I offered for FREE both of these scanners at one point, but being there were no takers, I sold them dirt cheap to Genesis Equipment Marketing. The individual you want to speak to would be Michael Streeter. I gave him everything associated with those two scanners: software, SCSI cable, manuals, spare bulbs and parts...

Here is their website:
http://www.genesis-equipment.com/contact.aspx

Tell me your scanner configuration for now and I will review my notes on my Portable HD that I backup all data to. Maybe I might have software.

BULBS are still available with many of the light bulb companies. You would have to get the information off the bulbs that are current installed in your machine. If you have a manual, the type of bulb information should be listed.

Any additional questions you post it here and I do my best to answer. I am using an Imacon Flextight Precision III and a Scitex Eversmart Pro II.
I have plenty of spare bulbs and the last version of software to keep me running for awhile. Unless I give up on scanning, I plan to use it more often.

Evan

Evanjoe610
12-Dec-2014, 06:14
Hi Baitsbite(?)

I haven't been on the forum in a loong while.... Medical condition is challenge to wake up every morning.

I think I should have the software on one of my many backup HD. I will check and get back to both Kevin and you.
You should be able to scan on OS10.3.9 on SCSI. After tOS10.3.9, you would require a FireWire Adapter like the Ratoc FRS1X.

Let me what setup you have.

Evan

Hello Kevin,

Based in the UK I also have a Jazz scanner but it now asks for the installation Cd which I cannot find. Its been over six years since I last used it.

(oxygen 3.5.0.1)

So I am wondering if you or the community have a copy of it. ?

I have not had the error messages that you have got but I am noting your thread with interest in case I experience such things

Good luck

Evanjoe610
12-Dec-2014, 06:15
Hi Kevin,

Please see my posting to Baitsbite,

I haven't been on for a loong while.. I will check my Backup HD for the software and if I still have it, I will burn a copy for you and Baitsbite.

Hi Baitsbite(?)

I haven't been on the forum in a loong while.... Medical condition is challenge to wake up every morning.

I think I should have the software on one of my many backup HD. I will check and get back to both Kevin and you.
You should be able to scan on OS10.3.9 on SCSI. After tOS10.3.9, you would require a FireWire Adapter like the Ratoc FRS1X.

Let me what setup you have.

Evan

Evanjoe610
12-Dec-2014, 06:18
Kevin,

What went wrong your Scitex scanner that died? Which model is it? Bare minimum would be Jazz + followed by the Jazz.

The Jazz + is in the same league as the Eversmart scanner (2540 DPI) crisp and sharp. Far better than the Epson scanners.

Do you have a Ratoc FRS1X FireWire adapter? That would allow you to move in software and OS for a smoother transition.