PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Photo Plus Expo in NYC?

Ari
14-Oct-2014, 07:27
I'll be there, at the FLM booth, which will be in the German Pavilion.
If you're in NYC for the show, drop by and say hello.

http://www.photoplusexpo.com

Cheers!

Peter Lewin
14-Oct-2014, 11:37
Hope to be there on Friday the 31st. I'll make sure to drop by and say hello!

Bob Salomon
14-Oct-2014, 12:28
Ari,

Actually we will be neighbors. Your booth is right next to the Kaiser booth which we will be manning the Kaiser/Heliopan/Rencay booth in the Pavillion as well as the Novoflex, Rodenstock and Ansmann booths in the Pavilion.

Ari
14-Oct-2014, 13:30
Hope to be there on Friday the 31st. I'll make sure to drop by and say hello!

Excellent Peter, I'm looking forward to it.

Ari,

Actually we will be neighbors. Your booth is right next to the Kaiser booth which we will be manning the Kaiser/Heliopan/Rencay booth in the Pavillion as well as the Novoflex, Rodenstock and Ansmann booths in the Pavilion.

Bob, it will be a pleasure to meet you in person.

CameraDoctor
15-Oct-2014, 15:30
We will be there also!
Have to promote, promote, promote!
Camera Doctor

Ari
15-Oct-2014, 17:48
Nice, I hope to see you there!

Flauvius
19-Oct-2014, 17:42
If any of you would like to meet - naturally after a stop at B&H - for a quick bite to eat or beer, who is interested?

It would also be a good idea if we, large format folks, would put little "green" self-adhesive dots on our badges to identify ourselves to each other. Also, if any of you speak any language other than English, please announce yourselves: - It might be helpful for oversees visitors to know that is someone they can turn to.

Flauvius

onnect17
19-Oct-2014, 18:40
Now we are talking !!! :-)

koh303
19-Oct-2014, 19:23
I will be there at the German Pavillion as well, along with the Jobo team and friends!

Flauvius
20-Oct-2014, 03:31
Ok, I will have a little "green dot" on my badge.

If anyone would like to do something specific, please PM me.

Flauvius

Ari
20-Oct-2014, 11:10
I will have a badge that says "Ari" and "FLM" on it. :)

I would be very happy to meet anybody from the forum, so please don't be shy about coming to our booth.

Ari
27-Oct-2014, 11:31
Bumping this (sorry Chicago LF group, I'll stop now :)) as I'm on my way to NYC.

I do hope to meet some of you at the Expo; if you're there please drop by and say hello.

Thanks!

Bob Salomon
27-Oct-2014, 11:41
How disappointing!

Looks like only 5 of us and 3 of us are exhibitors!

While we are in the German Pavilion this year, instead of our own booth, it is really sad to see how few are apparently going. We usually spent upwards of $40,000.00 for our small booth, not counting air fares, hotels and meals, to show the public the latest and greatest and to let them get their hands on it.

Maybe we can just save all that time and expense in the future!

Bob Mann
27-Oct-2014, 13:27
How disappointing!

Looks like only 5 of us and 3 of us are exhibitors!

While we are in the German Pavilion this year, instead of our own booth, it is really sad to see how few are apparently going. We usually spent upwards of $40,000.00 for our small booth, not counting air fares, hotels and meals, to show the public the latest and greatest and to let them get their hands on it.

Maybe we can just save all that time and expense in the future!

I live close by and went as recently as two years ago, but my impression was too much "digital overload" and for the few things I might be interested in, it is too much time and effort to get there and back home again. I spent an entire day and $50 bucks for about 15 minutes that I found interesting. But, if you are into digital then it is probably worth the effort.

Bob Salomon
27-Oct-2014, 14:00
I live close by and went as recently as two years ago, but my impression was too much "digital overload" and for the few things I might be interested in, it is too much time and effort to get there and back home again. I spent an entire day and $50 bucks for about 15 minutes that I found interesting. But, if you are into digital then it is probably worth the effort.

Linhof, Sinar, Rodenstock, Schneider, Jobo and, I believe, Arca will all be there. I know we have some analog Rodenstock lenses in their booth. But then you also can meet the people from those factories, including the managing director of Rodenstock, the owners of Heliopan and Kaiser, the Owners of Novoflex. SO where else could you express your wants and needs face to face?

Luis-F-S
27-Oct-2014, 14:12
Bummer, I'm going to NY the following Wednesday...........L

Greg Miller
27-Oct-2014, 14:17
I hope to be there Friday. But I say that every year and something always gets in the way...

koh303
27-Oct-2014, 14:32
Its a great chance to stop by and say hi to folks like keith canham, owner of Jobo, Mr Bockemule, and the ilford poeple, all of whome are there to hear from folks using LF. It is mostly a digital show, but its your chance to come and show support for thr future of analog photograpgy.

Ari
27-Oct-2014, 15:47
Linhof, Sinar, Rodenstock, Schneider, Jobo and, I believe, Arca will all be there. I know we have some analog Rodenstock lenses in their booth. But then you also can meet the people from those factories, including the managing director of Rodenstock, the owners of Heliopan and Kaiser, the Owners of Novoflex. SO where else could you express your wants and needs face to face?

Its a great chance to stop by and say hi to folks like keith canham, owner of Jobo, Mr Bockemule, and the ilford poeple, all of whome are there to hear from folks using LF. It is mostly a digital show, but its your chance to come and show support for thr future of analog photograpgy.

Amen!
And I will have my Toyo 810M mounted on one of our tripods, just to make sure those digital wannabes behave themselves. :)

koh303
27-Oct-2014, 16:57
Amen!
And I will have my Toyo 810M mounted on one of our tripods, just to make sure those digital wannabes behave themselves. :)

Perhaps i should bring out the canham along with me? don't tempt me...

Ari
27-Oct-2014, 17:02
Perhaps i should bring out the canham along with me? don't tempt me...

Wouldn't it look a little out of place among all the processing tanks?
I'd encourage it, nonetheless. :)

Peter Lewin
28-Oct-2014, 17:03
Perhaps the few of us visitors who will be there on Friday could agree to meet at, say Ari's 8x10 camera, at 1pm or some other mid-day time? I suggested the 8x10 because it seemed fitting for a bunch of LF supporters in a "digital world."

koh303
28-Oct-2014, 19:17
Perhaps the few of us visitors who will be there on Friday could agree to meet at, say Ari's 8x10 camera, at 1pm or some other mid-day time? I suggested the 8x10 because it seemed fitting for a bunch of LF supporters in a "digital world."

I think i will be there all day (in the same booth), so count me in, though i will not be able to leave the booth...

Peter Lewin
28-Oct-2014, 19:30
I think i will be there all day (in the same booth), so count me in, though i will not be able to leave the booth...
KOH, you, Ari, and Bob Salomon will be easy to visit, since your locations are "fixed." I was just hoping that "the rest of us" might try to meet each other at a fixed location (i.e. the 8x10 at the FLM booth) and a fixed time (I arbitrarily picked 1:00), then we could easily visit you "working types." It seems that the digital concentration of the show has scared off almost everyone on this forum, although that surprises me since not only are there a bunch of analog manufacturers represented, many of us use digital scanners and printers, and in fact many of us also seem to have at least a minor interest in digital cameras and backs.

Ari
29-Oct-2014, 05:29
I'd love a meet-up at one of our booths in the German Pavilion; my 8x10 should be easily visible. :)
Like Bob and koh303 said, it's a chance to meet the movers and shakers in the analog film business.
Last year I was a visitor and met the president of Sinar.

At our booth, you can meet the president/owner of FLM, Werner, and his son, Markus, the chief designer.
Anyway, I'm off to the Javits centre right now to set up our booth, I hope to meet some of you over the next few days.

Bob Salomon
29-Oct-2014, 06:04
I'd love a meet-up at one of our booths in the German Pavilion; my 8x10 should be easily visible. :)
Like Bob and koh303 said, it's a chance to meet the movers and shakers in the analog film business.
Last year I was a visitor and met the president of Sinar.

At our booth, you can meet the president/owner of FLM, Werner, and his son, Markus, the chief designer.
Anyway, I'm off to the Javits centre right now to set up our booth, I hope to meet some of you over the next few days.J

You mean that you met the former owner of Sinar.

Ari
29-Oct-2014, 10:49
Yes, I just looked that up, and Mr Fassler is no longer at Sinar.
It was a pleasure meeting you earlier today, Bob.

Bob Salomon
30-Oct-2014, 03:39
Yes, I just looked that up, and Mr Fassler is no longer at Sinar.
It was a pleasure meeting you earlier today, Bob.

Same here. Good lucj at the show.

Ari
30-Oct-2014, 19:44
Thank you Bob, same to you.
I met a couple of forum members today at the show, and managed to have a brief chat with Omer (koh303) at CatLabs.
I hope to see more of you tomorrow or Saturday; cheers!

Peter Lewin
31-Oct-2014, 17:31
Didn't notice any other forumites, but it was enjoyable to say hello to Ari and Omer (KOH on this forum) at their respective booths at the German Pavilion. While the PhotoExpo didn't have all that much which was specific to large format, it sure was fun to play with the toys! Two of the more applicable toys were at the Epson exhibit, but how much can you play at an Expo with a new printer or a new scanner? Omer made a convincing case for my switching from tray development to the big Jobo Expert drum with a manual roller, the Arca D4 geared tripod head looked just as enticing as its (extravagant) price tag promised, and any number of digital cameras tempted me. (Ari's FLM sort-of-ball heads - they lock independently on two axes- were tempting, but if I'm going to dream, the three times as expensive Arca came out on top!) As an antidote I will retire to the darkroom later this weekend and make some old-fashioned prints.