PDA

View Full Version : Will Sinar P standards fit F2?

RSalles
11-Oct-2014, 18:54
Gens,

The front standard of my Sinar F2 is arriving at a miserable condition which leaves me no other choice then replace it.
I would like to know if a P (1 or 2) front standard will fit the F2 monorail and other metrics.
I want to go for a more sturdy front standard then this one, any help would be very much appreciated,

Thanks,

Renato

Timothy Blomquist
11-Oct-2014, 19:22
Yes, the P1 or P2 would work. The only problem with the Sinar system has been the introduction of metering backs. In the case of an 8x10 metering back, the bellows at the rear end is not the same size as a bellows for non metering back. Connecting the bellows to any Sinar front standard will work.

Peter De Smidt
11-Oct-2014, 20:27
As Timothy said, that'll work. A more common arrangement is a "C", with an F front standard and a P rear. You might look for an F2 front standard, which are a bit sturdier than the F

RSalles
12-Oct-2014, 06:05
As Timothy said, that'll work. A more common arrangement is a "C", with an F front standard and a P rear. You might look for an F2 front standard, which are a bit sturdier than the F

Thanks! I tough also to use the F2 back standard as front - it's the one which isn't broken - and a P2 back in its place. Is the GG mount the same in both models?

Renato

Adamphotoman
12-Oct-2014, 08:21
You could also use a Norma front standard