PDA

View Full Version : Art Of Photography - Youtube Channel (thoughts?)

axs810
11-Oct-2014, 17:03
Due to some health issues I haven't been able to photograph lately but often browse the forums and listen to a channel on Youtube called "Art Of Photography" by Ted Forbes. I find his enthusiasm for photography entertaining although most of his videos are kind of basic...I'm not learning anything new when I'm watching his videos but it keeps me entertained and interested in photography when I'm not physically able to shoot. I'm thinking about starting a youtube account so I can comment and ask for video suggestions but I haven't come to that point yet because I don't even know what to request or suggest...So I'm curious what do you all think of the "Art Of Photography" channel and what would you suggest to maybe make it better?

I'll probably email Ted Forbes once I get a better idea of the kind of videos I'd like to see in the future...

Here's the link to his channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/theartofphotography/featured

Light Guru
11-Oct-2014, 19:46
Ted Forbes and his shoe is great. I've been watching it for years.

Another good YouTube Chanel to watch to watch is Ben Horne he does videos of his large format photography trips.

rwhb1
12-Oct-2014, 00:32

Another good YouTube Chanel to watch to watch is Ben Horne he does videos of his large format photography trips.

I think Ted is brave to give up the day job! I find his shows informative and stimulating as he explores topics I would not normally approach. I am a fan!

Russ

jp
12-Oct-2014, 11:26
It's one of the better YouTube photo productions. I appreciate a tame and varied photo channel in comparison to digitalrev which is also entertaining but less pertinent. Truth be told, I like youtube more for cars, guns, and mad science sort of topics and prefer to read about photography or discuss in person.

axs810
13-Oct-2014, 17:20
I love Ted Forbe's channel wayyy more than Digitalrev lol... :P

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been some sort of celebration video on "Art of Photography" now that Ferrania film has met it's $250,000 goal!

Light Guru
13-Oct-2014, 17:47
I'm actually surprised there hasn't been some sort of celebration video on "Art of Photography" now that Ferrania film has met it's $250,000 goal!

If you follow the show you would know he was out of town this weekend for that art show in Atlanta plus editing the video he said he was making of the trip. He has been busy so it's no surprise he has not put out a special celebration video for Ferrania.

axs810
13-Oct-2014, 18:02
Sometimes he does do quick announcements though so I just assumed there might be a quick update video or something.

dodphotography
14-Oct-2014, 04:08
I happen to really enjoy his content, he's also a really nice guy. He's always replied in a timely manner and really engaged any question I had regarding how he works in the darkroom.

ImSoNegative
14-Oct-2014, 05:35
I also enjoy his videos very much

axs810
14-Oct-2014, 05:46
When I watched his video talking about the exhibition for the building he lived in (dealing with DOF portraits) I was thinking "why isn't he using his view camera!?!? :O " lol

I love his enthusiasm though..always gets me pumped for photography during those boring days. lol

Zndrson
15-Oct-2014, 21:12

I 2nd the Ben Horn reference. I just came across his channel not long ago and really enjoy hearing about his process and struggles. Great stuff.

Light Guru
15-Oct-2014, 21:22
I 2nd the Ben Horn reference. I just came across his channel not long ago and really enjoy hearing about his process and struggles. Great stuff.

Yea he has a real determination to get the image he sees in his mind.

Going back to places year after year to get an elusive shot, or waiting 8+ hours with his camera set up waiting for the clouds to be right and for there to be no wind.

He man has patience like its his super power.

dodphotography
19-Oct-2014, 18:39
Yea he has a real determination to get the image he sees in his mind.

Going back to places year after year to get an elusive shot, or waiting 8+ hours with his camera set up waiting for the clouds to be right and for there to be no wind.

He man has patience like its his super power.

He must have a wicked job... His gear, trips, etc etc no joke! The fact his video set up on trips is a D800 says something! He doesn't have many views on YT so he can't be making much from that source.