PDA

View Full Version : Extended lens board question

John Latta
29-Nov-2004, 13:53
I have a Nikkor 300M that can be used for many situations on my Wista DXII. However, when the subject is less that about 50 feet distant I run out of bellows extension on the camera which extends to slightly over 12 inches.

Has anyone experiece using extended Arca-Swiss style lens boards in such a situation. I was wondering whether or not a recessed board could be used if it is reversed or if there is such a thing? Also if there is such a thing where to get it and what it is called etc.

Thanks for your help!

David A. Goldfarb
29-Nov-2004, 14:02
If your Wista takes normal Wista/Linhof type boards, you can use the Wista extension lensboard. I have one, and it works well. It comes with three extension rings (and you could add more) and three lens panels, so you can use it easily with more than one lens.

Gem Singer
29-Nov-2004, 14:37
Hi John,

Midwest Photo Exchange handles Ebony/Tachihara/ Wista/Linhof Tech extension lensboards that work great. The assembly comes is in three pieces that screw together to make various sizes and configurations: the round "lid" in Copal 0 and Copal 1 sizes, the extension tube in 17mm. and 34mm. lengths, and the lensboard base. I use either the 17mm. or the 34mm. tube with my Fuji 300C on a Tachihara 4x5, and it solves the problem of close focusing with a short bellows. E-mail Jim (jim@mpex.com) for prices.

Gem Singer
29-Nov-2004, 14:50
Oh yes, the lids (lens panels) are also available in the Copal 3 size.

Chuck_1686
30-Nov-2004, 06:00
I was thinking about building one but called Midwest and got a used one at a great price. Mine is marked Ebony and is mounted on a Nikon Linhof type board. I use it with a Copal 3. Seems like the total extension is around 3 in and has three sections that can be removed individually. So far has worked out great for me. I second Eugene to check with Midwest first.

pchaplo
4-May-2018, 21:56
What is the diameter of the “tube”?

Huub
5-May-2018, 02:21
What is the diameter of the “tube”?

I use a Hongkong made version, which is 8cm in diameter.