PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Syncro Compure shutter board size?

mob81
28-Sep-2014, 10:43
Like the ones comes with the planar and xenotar (135mm), are they the same size as Copal 0 or different?

Where to get the linhof size board of its size if different (S.K. Grims)?

Emmanuel BIGLER
28-Sep-2014, 11:02
Hello from France

I do not have a 3.5-135 Zeiss Planar for the 4x5" format, but I have a 2.8-100 mm Planar for the 6x9 cm format, and it is mounted on a #2 Compur shutter, which is bigger than a #1 and of course definitely bigger than as a #0
So I do not think that the 3.5-135 planar can be mounted on a #0 board.
My 2.8-100 planar on Compur #2 is mounted on a #1 lens board for which the hole has been enlarged to fit the #2 size.
Hence, this is really a minor problem, if your lens is mounted on a #1 or#3 shutter, this is a standard Linhof technika item, and if it needs a #2, S.K. Grimes will easily modifiy a #1 board to fit a #2 compur.

This thread in the archive of this forum says: planar 3.5-135 mounted on a #1 Compur shutter.
http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?39792-Zeiss-Planar-135mm-f-5-6-Linhof
hence the problem is solved, you simply need a #1 board.
Compur and Copal sizes and threads are the same for #0,1 and 3.
Compurs #2, to the best of my knowledge, were discontinued in the sixties and do not have their equivalent in Copal shutters.

Corran
28-Sep-2014, 11:57
It's a #1 shutter.

David A. Goldfarb
28-Sep-2014, 12:14
I have the second version of the 135/3.5 Planar, which I think is in the same shutter as the third version (T*), and it fits on a #1 board.

The first version might also fit on a #1 board, but it's in a special shutter designed to fit in a special recessed board that will let you close a Technika with the lens in place. If you have this version of the lens and don't have the original board, you may be able to make one by adding a spacer to a recessed Technika board that's easier to find than the original one for this lens.