PDA

View Full Version : Epson 4990 does not recognize film!

minesix66
27-Sep-2014, 15:58
Hi,

I have a PC with Windows 7 64 bit and I tried to scan my film but the Epson scan won't allow me to click on film and either will Vuescan. This is the first time it hasn't worked for me. I haven't been scanning for a while and I used Perfect Registry Cleaner a week ago to speed up my PC would this have something to do with it?

I reinstalled the epson scan software and updated Vuescan with no success.

Light Guru
27-Sep-2014, 19:07
A couple things to try check the cable connections, restart, and reinstall the driver (it's different from the Epson software)

Preston
27-Sep-2014, 19:46
If your registry cleaner created a back up *.reg file try this:

First, backup your current registry and reboot.
Next, import the backup file your registry cleaner created, assuming there is one.
Third, reboot.

Just a note: Cleaning the registry does little to speed up a PC. Registry cleaners can create more problems than they solve. If you want to speed up your PC, here's a few things to consider...

...Add more RAM
...Defrag your drives (don't defrag SSD's, though)
...Open the Run dialog, type msconfig, click 'Run'. In the MS Config dialog box, click the Startup tab and then Disable any programs you don't need.
...Obtain an SSD and then install your OS and your programs on it. You'll be amazed at the increase in performance.

I hope you get your scanning issue resolved.

--P

SergeiR
28-Sep-2014, 05:35
Is transparency blocking sheet removed from top part? :) And is upper lid connector on? :)

jnantz
28-Sep-2014, 05:46
do you have the film holder put in so the notch is where it is supposed to be ?
im not familiar with your scanner but with mine ( 4870 ) if
the holder isn't seated correctly film won't scan ..

minesix66
28-Sep-2014, 08:37
Hey, thanks guys. I removed the epson scan software from the control panel and then reinstalled. Problem solved.