PDA

View Full Version : Battery replacement Noritsu Densitometer

AJ Edmondson
22-Sep-2014, 18:47
After 21 years and 9 months the back-up battery for my densitometer died... no problem... two solder tabs to release it. Living in Boondocks, USA there is obviously no local source for the battery so I go online and locate the battery for about $7.00 and go to place the order - SHOCK - at "The Battery Barn" in VA the lowest cost shipping option is $24. Get outta' here... still ended up paying $6 from a different supplier but you have to wonder where folks are coming from with junk like this!

Joel

onnect17
23-Sep-2014, 03:25
Could you post the part numbers for the densitometer and battery?

AJ Edmondson
23-Sep-2014, 05:13
Noritsu DM 201;Battery Sanyo CR12600SE-T. (The T suffix indicated soldering tabs, a P suffix indicates pressure contacts,ie, a battery holder). Accessible by removing the "floor plate" of the densitometer so you don't have to remove the plastic covering for the upper structure. Generally the units continue to function normally after the backup battery dies but the clock and all input variables have to be reset (re-entered) each time the unit is turned off/on.

Joel

onnect17
23-Sep-2014, 06:59
Thanks for the info. I am not familiar with that model at all but it seems well built. I wish I knew earlier. Last Sunday I stopped by a small, mostly electronics flea market (known as flea@MIT) some vendors were carrying uncommon batteries.

I also think some vendors online are not helping their business long term with excessive shipping charges.