PDA

View Full Version : Ernemon (1922-1923 era) Film/plate holders Standards Document

gleaf
21-Sep-2014, 09:58
The graphlock backs have a standards document dating to its adoption as a mil spec.
My time in Germany taught me even manhole covers had a DIN standardization number cast into them.

Does anyone have or have a lead toward a standards document with measurements for the 6x9 cm film and plate holders of that era?

Many thanks for taking the time to read this.

g:o

leighmarrin
21-Sep-2014, 16:40
Pre-WWII German plate holders are standardly UNstandard. The most common plate/film holders fit the Ica/Zeiss Maximar, Kodak/Nagel Recomar and Voigtlander Avus/Bergheil. HOWEVER, there are a lot of plate cameras of that era that won't interchange holders. I did a little Googling--at least one Ernemann plate camera takes the same holder as the Patent Etui; the Etui holders appear to be harder to find. Which model of Ernemann do you have? Most of the holders you are probably going to find are 6.5cm for glass plates, and will require a film sheath. AFAIK, 6.5x9cm film is not available in the US; with a lot of luck you might find a reducing sheath for 2 1/4 x3 1/4 film. Another option would be to find a 120 rollfilm holder. For a long discussion on German plate holders, check out: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum192/ The first "sticky" has a lot of info about the various 9x12cm holders, but might still be useful for your 6.5x9cm Ernemann.

gleaf
21-Sep-2014, 20:53
Ernemonn Heag II Ser. II
Serial Number is 1124634

It is a 6 x 9 as the aperture of the rear bellows frame is 6.6 x 9.5 cm full width x full height.

I will start on your reference, thank you