PDA

View Full Version : Schneider Linhof Technika Super Angulon 75mm f8 on a Cambo Legend Plus

RFStahl
17-Sep-2014, 23:17
Hi, first of all, I just registered and this is my first post. I used to read a lot of threads and discussions but this is my first time actively participating. Second of all, english is not my native language, so I apologize in advance for any spelling or grammar mistakes. Now to the matter of this post:

Turns out I've been shooting LF for about 3 months now, I've barely taken 10 or less pictures (finding materials is not cheap or easy in Argentina). I got a Cambo Legend Plus 4x5 camera which came with a 210mm lens wich is superb. A few weeks ago I got my hands on a Schneider Linhof Technika Super Angulon 75mm f8 wich was previously used on a Linhof Technika camera, I suppose. The problem is that even using it with the recessed Cambo lens plate for wide angle lenses, I can't focus more than 3 meters away! I don't know if there's something I'm doing wrong, if the lens is not proper for this camera or if I should get a deeper lens plate.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Darin Boville
18-Sep-2014, 00:17
Is the bellows getting so tight that you can't move the lens any closer? If that is the problem you will need to get a bag bellows which, as it sounds, is a sort of puffy bellows without pleats. It will allow you to move the front standard closer to the reader standard. You switch it with your regular pleated bellows. It's a normal thing to have when using wide angle lenses for just the reason you are encountering.

--Darin

Dan Fromm
18-Sep-2014, 03:31
Set the camera up with the tripod mounting block in front of the front standard or behind the rear standard.

RFStahl
19-Sep-2014, 15:19
Is the bellows getting so tight that you can't move the lens any closer? If that is the problem you will need to get a bag bellows which, as it sounds, is a sort of puffy bellows without pleats. It will allow you to move the front standard closer to the reader standard. You switch it with your regular pleated bellows. It's a normal thing to have when using wide angle lenses for just the reason you are encountering.

--Darin

I have the bag bellows, that's not the problem. I'll try to get a picture of the camera and it's parts to show you better. Thanks for your reply!

Set the camera up with the tripod mounting block in front of the front standard or behind the rear standard.

The tripod mount is independent from the rear and front elements, it doesn't get in the way. I'll take some pictores to show. Thanks!