PDA

View Full Version : Four By Five Opening Reception Oct 4th

Drew Bedo
11-Sep-2014, 10:42
Four By Five Exhibition Opening Reception

The New Orleans Photo Alliance will host an opening reception for the Four By Five Exhibition on October 4th from 6-9PM at the NOPA gallery on 1111 St. Mary's St. in New Orleans. The show is currently on display at the gallery.

View Camera magazine's publisher, Steve Simmons, the exhibition consists of four images by each of five artists working in large format photography. Each of these twenty photographs will also appear in a future issue of View Camera.

www.neworleansphotoalliance.com

Drew Bedo
24-Sep-2014, 12:41
I got an e-mail alert today from the New Orleans Photo Alliance.
There will now be TWO separate receptions for this show, which is already hanging. The "opening" reception, initially set for Sept 7th, was moved to Oct 4th as previously announced. However there will be an additional reception for the Juror, Steve Simmons, on the following weekend, Oct 11ith. Mr. Simmons will conduct a workshop as well.
This is pretty short notice for me; our travel plans for the fall have been locked in till mid Nov. at this point. We will be at the "Opening" reception, but will probably miss the Juror's reception.

Here is the e-mail:
Exhibition Receptions and Workshop
Dale Gunnoe | New Orleans Photo Alliance

Hello 4x5 Exhibitors! Please see our website for details about the opening receptions October 4th and 11th. We are also hosting a workshop Saturday October 11th with Steve Simmons. www.neworleansphoto
Sep 23 at 7:34 PM

So I asked about this and this is the explanation:

Hi Drew,

Steve Simmons had travel conflicts that we were unaware of on the 4th. He will be coming to town the 11th and 12th and will be leading a workshop also. Those details are in the website.

The reason for the opening on the 4th is that marks the official opening for the fall gallery season in New Orleans, when there are coordinated openings, and lots of activity in the area.

I look forward to meeting when you're here.
Dale

Now, I am a bit of an e-idiot myself, and can't find any details on the website. Can anyone help with this?

Thom Bennett
24-Sep-2014, 15:10
Drew,

Here's the direct link to the workshop: http://www.neworleansphotoalliance.org/event.php?id=182. On the website it is on the left hand side in the listings of upcoming events.

Drew Bedo
25-Sep-2014, 06:17
Thom: Thanks. I totally missed that.

My wife assures me that we can manage to make the Juror's reception on the 11th now.

Thom Bennett
25-Sep-2014, 08:05
That will be great! Will you be able to take the workshop, too?

Drew Bedo
25-Sep-2014, 19:57
Thom": I am thinking about it—but:
I have some mobility issues and a walking work-shop may not be the best thing for me to do.