PDA

View Full Version : 4x5 3 piece box for shipping??

go1dens4
7-Sep-2014, 16:19
Hi, I am just starting to get into 4x5 photography and do not have any spare boxes to send out my film for processing. Does anyone have a spare 3 piece box I could pay you shipping for? Or even buy it off you for a reasonable price... Also another question on this, when I unload the film from the holders and say I were shipping in a 3 piece box. Do I simply stack the film sheets on top of one another in the box? Does there need to be anything between them?

Thanks!
-Sam

vinny
7-Sep-2014, 16:30
this will answer the how to part:
http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?110641-Shipping-Exposed-Film&highlight=shipping+film

adelorenzo
7-Sep-2014, 16:48
It would help if you post your location.

go1dens4
7-Sep-2014, 17:11
I am in melbourne FL, USA sorry about that

go1dens4
7-Sep-2014, 17:17
this will answer the how to part:
http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?110641-Shipping-Exposed-Film&highlight=shipping+film

I read this forum before and it doesn't say anything about stacking the undeveloped film on top of one another? This is not an issue? It does not seem to be but I just wanted to make sure.

djdister
7-Sep-2014, 17:30
I stack my unexposed film on top of each other, emulsion facing the same way throughout (which is how it comes from the manufacturer), and have never had a problem. I suppose if you placed them in a too-large box they could slide around and cause some minor scratching, which is why you want to transport them in a box that is similar in size to the original.

BradS
7-Sep-2014, 18:03
I read this forum before and it doesn't say anything about stacking the undeveloped film on top of one another? This is not an issue? It does not seem to be but I just wanted to make sure.

No. it is not an issue. :)

go1dens4
8-Sep-2014, 08:21
So I got the answer about how to pack them, but no one has any spare 4x5 film boxes?

vinny
8-Sep-2014, 10:04
jon shui just posted some in the fs: section but I don't think you can access it yet. send him a PM

BradS
8-Sep-2014, 10:19
Welcome to the Large Format Forum. Please edit your profile and add your location info to your profile.