PDA

View Full Version : Long long shutter release for 14" Commercial Ektar?

gdi
5-Sep-2014, 17:50
I would like long 5' to 10' release for my self cocking 14" Ektar - it needs a really long throw. I found a short one (about 6") by Prontor that works well, but can't denitrify a longer one, for group/self portrait work.

Any advice on what/where to get something would be appreciated

thanks

Jon Shiu
5-Sep-2014, 17:52
The air hose release that I use works good on that shutter.

Jon

Jim Fitzgerald
5-Sep-2014, 18:08
Find a Gepe. They work great as well.

gdi
6-Sep-2014, 00:59
Jon, I'd like the air/bulb release ( I think they may be the only type that is truly ong enough) but the one I have can't trip it. Does yours have brand markings?

Jim, do you think all gepes have a long enough throw for this lens? They have 40" at BH that I may try and might just be long enough.

Thanks

Jon Shiu
6-Sep-2014, 06:10
My air release only says "Germany" on the piston part. I replaced the rotted out rubber bulb with a larger one.

Jon

Jon, I'd like the air/bulb release ( I think they may be the only type that is truly ong enough) but the one I have can't trip it. Does yours have brand markings?

Jim, do you think all gepes have a long enough throw for this lens? They have 40" at BH that I may try and might just be long enough.

Thanks

gdi
6-Sep-2014, 18:06
Thanks Jon, I may just try a Kaiser, they are made in Germany, so it might just work.

StoneNYC
6-Sep-2014, 20:14
Thanks Jon, I may just try a Kaiser, they are made in Germany, so it might just work.

Search for "Whitey" on APUG he had about 10 really long ones this summer for free.

Jim Noel
6-Sep-2014, 20:29
I would like long 5' to 10' release for my self cocking 14" Ektar - it needs a really long throw. I found a short one (about 6") by Prontor that works well, but can't denitrify a longer one, for group/self portrait work.

Any advice on what/where to get something would be appreciated

thanks
I seriously doubt if a 10' cable release would do its job. An air release or radio would be much more likely.

Jim Fitzgerald
6-Sep-2014, 21:06
I've used the short ones and it works fine so I'm thinking a long one would be good as well.

gdi
10-Sep-2014, 14:28
Others had suggested a Kaiser air release, so I ordered one for $40 - it seems to be the same as the $15 Kalt I have had for years - garbage. Both made in Taiwan, I heard Kaiser was made in Germany. Plus it stinks.

Still looking for workable solutions for the long throw Ilex shutter....

gdi
10-Sep-2014, 15:20
I read that DeGroff air releases may be what I need. Does anyone know if Dave Cook in South Bend, IN is still active and making these? If so I would appreciate his updated contact info.

Thanks!