PDA

View Full Version : Gitzo Giant

lzanoni
25-Aug-2014, 11:35
Hi all,
i'm near to buy a new tripod. And will be Gitzo "Giant".
I'm not sure if i will buy the GT 5562GTS or the GT 4552 GTS.
The second one, a little less expensive, could fit mine needs. Someone have tried this tripod with a Sinar P2?
Thanks!
Luca

Robert Opheim
25-Aug-2014, 12:03
I have a old #4 Giant that I use with a 4x5 technikardan and a 8x10 Calumet c-2 "black beast" - mine does not have the geared center column so if I was to use the center column - it would be heavy with the 8x10 to use - however the Giant is so tall and center columns can vibrate - so I rarely use the center column. i haven't used it with a Sinar P2 specially - but I do like the Giant a lot.

David A. Goldfarb
25-Aug-2014, 12:33
I have the GT5540LS, the 4-section 5 Series Gitzo legset for my larger cameras and small cameras with big lenses, and I've been very pleased with it. No problem holding an 8x10" Sinar P or my 11x14" or 7x17" wooden cameras. I usually use an Arca-Swiss B2 head on it. I have long, medium, and short rapid columns for it as well as the flat plate, but with the larger cameras I rarely use more than a few inches of column, if any at all. I had a Majestic for a while, and this is definitely more solid, set up to the same height, though the Majestic with the extension legs and the double column could get way higher.