PDA

View Full Version : Apo ronar flanges

brucep
25-Aug-2014, 05:23
Can anyone tell me if the 480mm and 600mm fit the same size flange?
Thanks
Bruce

Dan Fromm
25-Aug-2014, 05:54
480, M90x1

600, M110x1

http://sdrv.ms/1i4czGa is a list of sources of information on lenses. Go there first.

LF_rookie_to_be
25-Aug-2014, 06:05
My 480/9 Apo-Ronar (marked "Klimsch") fits a M72x1 flange.

brucep
25-Aug-2014, 06:33
480, M90x1

600, M110x1

http://sdrv.ms/1i4czGa is a list of sources of information on lenses. Go there first.
Thanks, I've never come across that site

Bruce

Dan Fromm
25-Aug-2014, 07:14
LF, I suspect that Klimsch Apo-Ronars exist in a parallel universe that isn't quite the same as Rodenstock's. Your 480 is one piece of evidence. My tiny 150/9 Klimsch Apo-Ronar, which also doesn't conform to mechanical specs in Rodenstock's catalog, is another.

LF_rookie_to_be
25-Aug-2014, 07:19
Dan, that's probably true. But they're the same glass, right? BTW, I managed to find M72x1 rings from an astronomy freak. This size is used on some Takahashi telescopes.

Bob Salomon
25-Aug-2014, 07:25
LF, I suspect that Klimsch Apo-Ronars exist in a parallel universe that isn't quite the same as Rodenstock's. Your 480 is one piece of evidence. My tiny 150/9 Klimsch Apo-Ronar, which also doesn't conform to mechanical specs in Rodenstock's catalog, is another.

Rodenstock makes. made lenses as OEM products for specific manufacturers as well as to those manufacturers specifications. An example that is fairly common are lenses with regular names but with no aperture ring. Frequently in non-standard mounts and that are optimized for a specific task. A fairly common example are Rodagons, Apo-Rodagon-N and Apo-Rodagon-D lenses made for scanning applications (USPS uses these to scan bar codes on mail) and lenses used in fixed magnification package printers in photo labs. Another application were lenses made for a specific manufacturer for their equipment. Beseler did this with the 240 Apo Enlarging lens that they sold so their 45 enlarger could be converted to an 810 enlarger. Another example are lenses made for companies like Klimsch for their process camera systems.
While these lenses may have common names like the Rodagon series or the Apo Ronars they can differ from the generally available lenses in their performance or their specifications.

At the same time other lenses bearing both the lens manufacturer's name and a camera manufacturer's name (like Linhof tested lenses) are the same as the lenses sold without the camera manufacturer's name except that they have been cherry picked by the camera manufacturer to indicate that they have been tested to the camers manufacturer's standards as well as the lens factory's standards.

Bob Salomon
25-Aug-2014, 07:39
Dan, that's probably true. But they're the same glass, right? BTW, I managed to find M72x1 rings from an astronomy freak. This size is used on some Takahashi telescopes.

Not necessarily. They can be optimized differently to meet Klimsch's requirements.