PDA

View Full Version : Help with Copal 1 shutter

photonsoup
23-Aug-2014, 18:17
A customer found out I was doing large format and gave me a Fuji W 210mm in a Copal 1 shutter that didn't work. So I tore it apart and found a screw that was out of place and blocking the mechanism. After I got it unstuck the shutter works! Then I found another piece that was rattling around loose. Here's a picture of the two pieces.
http://theplumberbryan.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/photo-6.jpg
Does anyone have any idea where/how to put these back in?
Are there any schematics or repair manuals floating around the web?
Since the shutter now works, should I just forget about the extra pieces? (I always have parts left over after car repairs!)

lenser
23-Aug-2014, 18:20
Contact Carol Miller at Flutotscamerarepair.com. I don't know if she would be will to just share the info outright as she is in the business of repairing shutters, but she is definitely an expert. I've had years of experience with her repairs and trust her completely.

Kzphoto
25-Aug-2014, 21:57
I've seen an exploded view of a copal 1 floating around somewhere on the net. Should help find where the extra pieces go.

8x10 user
25-Aug-2014, 23:22
+1

Contact Carol Miller at Flutotscamerarepair.com. I don't know if she would be will to just share the info outright as she is in the business of repairing shutters, but she is definitely an expert. I've had years of experience with her repairs and trust her completely.