PDA

View Full Version : Any News On Forte??

Andrew O'Neill
16-Nov-2004, 14:34
Well, just wondering if anyone has heard any recent news about Forte's future? Last I heard they were going to make an announcement soon.

Deniz
16-Nov-2004, 16:58
Andrew,
Didnt you just buy a million sheets of hp5+ from Beau ? or are you asking about the forte paper?

I got myself 6 boxes of JandC 200 sould keep me busy for a while.

on a side note i too am wondering about Forte's future...

Andrew O'Neill
16-Nov-2004, 17:25
Yes, Deniz I should have been more specific. Paper. I love their paper, 'specially Polygrade V.
Got a million sheets of HP5+ 4x5. Still waiting for 8x10 to come in! Was advised by Serena at Beau it's all on back order. Long live Ilford....and Forte!
...Now, has anyone got some good news for me?

Jonathan Brewer
16-Nov-2004, 18:34
FWIW, I picked up some Arista film from Freestyle, and asked the staff about the current health and did they have any future indications about what's happening with Ilford, they said they're still up for sale but Ilford people indicate to Freestyle that they are in production of all film formats for the immediate future.

Gudmundur Ingolfsson
17-Nov-2004, 09:31
I do not know about Forte, but I think Ilford is recovering. I ordered 100 sheet of 8x10" HP-5 +from the factory in England through a dealer
in Reykjavík and I got those pritty quickly and they have somewhat a different label and an expire date 07/2007 so it seems they were made
after the bad news came out.

Brian Ellis
17-Nov-2004, 16:05
I thought it was certain that Forte was gone. With all the film companies making such discouraging announcements all the time it's hard to keep track of what bad news came from what company but I could have sworn I saw an announcement that Forte was in their equivalent of bankruptcy and out of the paper busines. No?