PDA

View Full Version : 5x7 Phillips Camera NOT the modern RH Phillips camera - Lens Board

DougD
18-Aug-2014, 09:48
I recently acquired a 5x7 Phillips Camera (Pre WW2 vintage). It's rough around the edges, but pretty functional. The lensboard that came with it is 4"x4" with square cut corners.

I wanted to find out if the Deardorf or Graflex style 4x4 boards are compatible, or what is compatible.

Thanks for the help.

Doug

Jim Noel
18-Aug-2014, 11:36
Are you sure it is Pre WWII? I worked for a photo dealer during the war and never heard of a Phillips at that time. Could it be one that was manufactured in Europe by the Phillips company?

DougD
19-Aug-2014, 08:38
It may not be pre WW2, it seems pretty old. It's fittings don't seem as finished as post war Anscos/Agfas that I've seen. If you have any knowledge about lens boards, let me know.

djdister
19-Aug-2014, 09:48
Have any photos to share of this little beauty?

DougD
19-Aug-2014, 10:28
I'll break out a digitial camera tonight and take a pic. I hadn't realized it when I bought it, but it has a Packard shutter already installed. Now I'll have to start going after some barrel lenses to play with.

D.

djdister
19-Aug-2014, 10:34
I'll break out a digitial camera tonight and take a pic. I hadn't realized it when I bought it, but it has a Packard shutter already installed. Now I'll have to start going after some barrel lenses to play with.

D.

Barrel lenses should be cheaper to get, in general...

DougD
21-Aug-2014, 08:15
WOW. My apologies folks. My brain, for some insane reason, was stuck on the idea that this was a Phillip camera. It is a KEITH. WTF is wrong with my brain. Sorry about the wild goose chase. Here are some pics. The bellows were replaced by the previous owner with some very non-standard bellows. 120296120297