PDA

View Full Version : Woody Agfa Ansco

soboyle
15-Aug-2014, 06:55
I'm new to 8x10 but I've been on the lookout for an 8x10 for some months, something very inexpensive to use for a project I have in mind.
This Woody agfa ansco popped up, price is very cheap @ $50. But having never repaired a large format camera like this, I wonder how much it will cost to get it operating.
Any suggestions on a source for bellows and lens board for this camera? Anything else needing repair or reconditioning as seen in the attached photos?
Thanks.

Michael Roberts
15-Aug-2014, 07:03
Looks great. Just needs cleaning up and adding a new bellows. Check out discussions of Rudi (ecbuyonline2008) in the buyer-seller advisories Community forum.

mdarnton
15-Aug-2014, 09:24
Bellows are about $190 on Ebay.

I just bought this model in similar condition, but with the bellows. It looks like nothing is missing on yours except the bellows. Mine had been in a basement, and I had to reglue half of the joints, but I'm set up for that and it wasn't a problem.

It's a pretty good camera, was considered close to the Deardorff in its time.

You've got a lot of cleaning to do! And all of the screws are undoubtedly loose.

dsphotog
15-Aug-2014, 09:38
You'll need to find (or build) bellows frames.
Not difficult.
Original lensboards are plentiful, or make them from plywood.
Q tips work well for cleaning the tight spots.
Furniture polish will work wonders.
The sliding tripod block is worth as much as you paid for the camera, you also have a handy lensboard adapter.