PDA

View Full Version : Back to work on the Cape

Mark Sampson
12-Aug-2014, 08:20
Well, my birthday present from my wife was a box of Ilford FP4+. Now we're in the midst of a week at her family's homestead in S. Dennis, and I've been taking the 4x5 out regularly. I'm fired up, there are pictures everywhere, and I'm working every day. We are even going to print photo postcards (from negatives I brought with us). Of course, there's the beach, sailing, seafood, and house projects too, plus a couple of dogs, but I'm happy to be back at work... haven't had this much fun photographing since we were in New Mexico in '12. Perhaps I'll post some pictures when they're finished.

Ken Lee
12-Aug-2014, 11:12
Which cape ?

Here's a list of some well-known capes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_%28geography%29). :)

Sal Santamaura
12-Aug-2014, 11:27
My guess is South Dennis on Cape Cod. :)

Steve Goldstein
12-Aug-2014, 11:37
I suspect Ken was fully aware of Cape Cod, seeing as he's a Masschusetts resident. Perhaps this was his gentle way of suggesting that others on this international forum may not be as familiar with this traffic-clogged (in summer) pile of sand.

Sal Santamaura
12-Aug-2014, 11:50
I suspect Ken was fully aware of Cape Cod, seeing as he's a Masschusetts resident. Perhaps this was his gentle way of suggesting that others on this international forum may not be as familiar with this traffic-clogged (in summer) pile of sand.Yes, I understood that. However, at the other end of the continent, it took me about 30 seconds with Google to figure out which cape Mark was referring to. International readers ought be able to do the same. :)

Ken Lee
12-Aug-2014, 12:39
Some of those "other" capes look pretty nice - nice enough to consider as LF retirement or vacation locations.

Toyon
13-Aug-2014, 12:51
I suspect Ken was fully aware of Cape Cod, seeing as he's a Masschusetts resident. Perhaps this was his gentle way of suggesting that others on this international forum may not be as familiar with this traffic-clogged (in summer) pile of sand.

Which traffic-clogged pile of sand?

Mark Sampson
17-Aug-2014, 19:03
Indeed it *was* Cape Cod. I avoided the traffic clogs, if not the sand, and have now made it back to home and easy internet access. Lots of film exposed, stories and pictures to follow.