PDA

View Full Version : What size Series filter holder fits a 135mm f/4.7 Wollensak lens?

AtlantaTerry
10-Aug-2014, 22:57
I have a bunch of Series slip-on filter holders but none fit my 135mm f/4.7 Wollensak.

The shutter is a Graphex on a Crown Graphic lensboard.

I tried Series 5 and Series 6 slip-on filter holders. The Series 5 was about the same size as the ring around the lens so that didn't work. The Series 6 was way too big.

Or am I going down the wrong path... am I supposed to use a screw-in filter?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

BradS
11-Aug-2014, 06:41
mine came with a 1-1/2 inch (38mm) slip on adapter ring. The adapter slips onto the front of the lens and the series six filter holder / lens hood screws into the front of the adapter. I'll see if I can get a photo....

BradS
11-Aug-2014, 06:52
here are a couple of crappy iPad photos...hope this make it clearer.

AtlantaTerry
11-Aug-2014, 22:22
mine came with a 1-1/2 inch (38mm) slip on adapter ring. The adapter slips onto the front of the lens and the series six filter holder / lens hood screws into the front of the adapter. I'll see if I can get a photo....

Hmm... I don't think I have those in my Box-O-Stuff ™

Thanks, now I know what to look for next time I visit my favorite Atlanta camera dealer who has a big box full of Series rings: Wing's Camera.

premortho
12-Aug-2014, 09:55
Yes, that's what I use also. I bought mine with some filters on e-bay. If you go that route, be sure the slip on adapter is inch and a half. Send a question, if neccessary.
Hmm... I don't think I have those in my Box-O-Stuff ™

Thanks, now I know what to look for next time I visit my favorite Atlanta camera dealer who has a big box full of Series rings: Wing's Camera.