PDA

View Full Version : question about a 75mm Grandagon 6.8 lens

ImSoNegative
8-Aug-2014, 06:55
the add for this particular lens I am looking at says its a 75mm grandagon 6.8 mc, but I have noticed that some have the letter N after them, what is the difference between the N and non N version, all the things I can find about the 75mm grandagon is the N version , many thanks

Bob Salomon
8-Aug-2014, 07:41
Multi-coating, later glass, etc. The N replaced the non-N in the mid 80's.

ImSoNegative
8-Aug-2014, 08:56
thanks Bob for the response, is it possible that the non N version is multicoated also? thanks

Jmarmck
8-Aug-2014, 09:20
Don't think so. I have non-N 115. Grandagon. I am very happy with it. Oddly, it is the largest (size and weight) lens I have.

Bob Salomon
8-Aug-2014, 09:27
thanks Bob for the response, is it possible that the non N version is multicoated also? thanks

Anything is possible but it would be marked MC on the lens itself.

Jmarmck
8-Aug-2014, 09:39
I just did a bit of digging. Bob is right. It could be coated. Check for the MC. The N is a newer version of the Grandagon series that has more advanced image corrections built into the design.

ImSoNegative
8-Aug-2014, 09:42
thanks guys for the responses, the add says MC but the picture of the lens and angle it was taken you cant really see any MC on it, is the image circle the same with N and non N, I think I read 187 or something like that

Bob Salomon
8-Aug-2014, 09:44
thanks guys for the responses, the add says MC but the picture of the lens and angle it was taken you cant really see any MC on it, is the image circle the same with N and non N, I think I read 187 or something like that

Yes, 187mm @F22 @infinity.

Bob Salomon
8-Aug-2014, 09:45
I just did a bit of digging. Bob is right. It could be coated. Check for the MC. The N is a newer version of the Grandagon series that has more advanced image corrections built into the design.

All Grandagons have always been coated. The N series is multi-coated.