PDA

View Full Version : Fujinon 250mm "spacer"

dukeku
7-Aug-2014, 12:52
I bought a 250mm Fujinon W f/6.7 recently and it came with a "spacer" behind the shutter that had a shutter release extension allowing the photographer to attach the shutter release cable at a 45 degree offset from normal. I set it aside when mounting to my lens board, but after a single use I realized it served to move the aperture arm slightly above the level of the lens board so it was able to move freely. Without it, my aperture arm is completely stuck along the back of the lens board, making the lens unusable.

I now seem to have *completely* mis-placed the original spacer and I'm not sure exactly what it's called/thickness/etc. Does anyone have any tips to point me in the right direction? Can I just create my own replacement or is this something machined to a specific thickness?

Thanks!

Ari
7-Aug-2014, 13:07
These are made by Toyo now; you can buy them new from B&H, or try your luck on eBay.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/112205-REG/Toyo_View_180_642_Angled_Cable_Release_Adapter.html

Bob Salomon
7-Aug-2014, 13:27
No special thickness, any washer that moves the shutter far enough away from the board to keep the aperture control from rubbing on the board will work. App it does is move the shutter out a bit. It does not effect the spacing of the lens cells.

dukeku
7-Aug-2014, 14:12
These are made by Toyo now; you can buy them new from B&H, or try your luck on eBay.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/112205-REG/Toyo_View_180_642_Angled_Cable_Release_Adapter.html

Ouch. Thanks for the link - never thought I'd lose a little metal piece that's worth 1/2 what I paid for a lens :)

No special thickness, any washer that moves the shutter far enough away from the board to keep the aperture control from rubbing on the board will work. App it does is move the shutter out a bit. It does not effect the spacing of the lens cells.

Good to know. I'll likely try to shim something in myself.

Thank you both very much!