PDA

View Full Version : Re-using HC-110 DilB for another shot?

andre
6-Aug-2014, 11:08
Hello everyone,

I wonder if I can re-use HC-110 even though it's supposed to be a one shot developer.
Right now I have 1 sheet of 4x5 in a 1l patterson tank in taco method.

There's 1l of HC-110 Dil-B (1/31) at 26C for 5 minutes with standard agitation.

I seems like a waste to not re-use the mix.
I have a bunch of sheets that I need to develop individually and I have adjust exposure through development.

Does anyone have an idea how much the developer exhausts?

Many thanks!!

BradS
6-Aug-2014, 11:13
well, if you had a tank that held six sheets of 4x5, you could develop all six of them in that same 1 liter of working solution...so, you **might** be able to do several sheets on after the other in the same working solution. Frankly, I would not but, it should work.

andre
6-Aug-2014, 11:21
*facepalm*

Thank you!

brucetaylor
6-Aug-2014, 13:46
Also, check here: http://www.covingtoninnovations.com/hc110/

Very useful information about HC110.

John Olsen
7-Aug-2014, 12:51
Does anyone have an idea how much the developer exhausts?

Many thanks!!

I always reuse my HC-110B. I mix 64 oz of working solution and then plan on 1/2% time increase for each 4x5. It seems pretty reliable. I discard the solution when I get up to a 10% increase in time.
I never knew it was supposed to be a one-shot developer. Since Kodak publication J-24 lists storage times and replenishment rates, it would seem that HC110 is not a one-shot developer.
Save some money and try reusing it.

Heroique
7-Aug-2014, 13:10
I’m a tray developer, and I re-use HC-110 (Dilution B) per Kodak's recommendation:

10 8x10's per gallon.

In other words ... 40 4x5's per gallon.

BTW, Dilution A (1:3 from stock) is twice these amounts.

-----
Kodak also says the stock solution (not working solution) is good on the shelf for 6 months, if the container is full and closed.

John Olsen
7-Aug-2014, 15:11
I always reuse my HC-110B. I mix 64 oz of working solution and then plan on 1/2% time increase for each 4x5. It seems pretty reliable. I discard the solution when I get up to a 10% increase in time.
I never knew it was supposed to be a one-shot developer. Since Kodak publication J-24 lists storage times and replenishment rates, it would seem that HC110 is not a one-shot developer.
Save some money and try reusing it.

I should have also mentioned that I use 16oz working solution in a 5x7 tray for a 4x5 sheet, pouring the tray back into the working solution bottle after each single sheet. That's the way my experience with exhaustion works. I wasn't specific enough, sorry.