PDA

View Full Version : Home Made Instant Film

Jakelovesphoto
4-Aug-2014, 12:19
Hello! No sure this is in the exact right category but seems right. Anyway, after following the New55 project for a while and reading up on Diffusion Transfer Reversal chemistry I've started making my own instant film. It's not perfect yet but it's progress. Negatives are better than positives this far. 119379119380
The one thst hardly discernible is the print.

stawastawa
5-Aug-2014, 23:57
awesome! keep going!
how much time does the prep take?

Jakelovesphoto
6-Aug-2014, 00:02
how much time does the prep take?

Prep is pretty extensive since I have to make pods, and assemble it all.

stawastawa
8-Aug-2014, 08:46
well keep us posted.
what sources are you getting information from?

Jakelovesphoto
8-Aug-2014, 09:33
what sources are you getting information from?

Mostly new55, and some info from the instructables. I tried using polaroid patents but they all reference long-forgotten DuPont chemicals

Liquid Artist
9-Aug-2014, 08:19
Interesting, and i like your results so far.
Is there any chance that you'll be producing enough to sell small orders in the future?

Jakelovesphoto
9-Aug-2014, 08:42
Interesting, and i like your results so far.
Is there any chance that you'll be producing enough to sell small orders in the future?

Thank you! That's an interesting question. The easy answer is probably no. I don't have the copyright or patent info, and if anyone does it's probably New55. That said, if I can get quality prints (as you can see they're dismal presently) I may look to put a guide online and offer small batches as a "donation reward"

Liquid Artist
9-Aug-2014, 09:02
Thanks Jake,
I am suddenly wondering if I will need a Polaroid back in the near future.
Please let me know if you start a donation reward system. I am very interested.

Jakelovesphoto
9-Aug-2014, 09:11
Thanks Jake,
I am suddenly wondering if I will need a Polaroid back in the near future.
Please let me know if you start a donation reward system. I am very interested.

Will do. And New55 is pretty close (a couple years tops) to widely launching their product, so a polaroid back could be beneficial. A 545 because New55 claims their clip won't work with the 500 backs.

smithdoor
9-Aug-2014, 09:17
FYI
When I was working with Diffusion Transfer I found using Kodak Dektol Paper Developer work great

Jakelovesphoto
9-Aug-2014, 09:19
FYI
When I was working with Diffusion Transfer I found using Kodak Dektol Paper Developer work great

Really?! The only time I've gotten prints was with New55s HC-110 based formula. The sulfur dioxide complex in that developer is the formula' silver solvent. What was the full formula (as best you can remember)?

smithdoor
10-Aug-2014, 09:24
I use Agfa Diffusion Transfer Paper/Film with Kodak Dektol Paper Developer off the shelf
I use as price for the Developer by Agfa high and sold by the 4 gal box Kodak work great

Dave

Really?! The only time I've gotten prints was with New55s HC-110 based formula. The sulfur dioxide complex in that developer is the formula' silver solvent. What was the full formula (as best you can remember)?

Jakelovesphoto
10-Aug-2014, 10:00
I use Agfa Diffusion Transfer Paper/Film

I've never heard of such products! I'll have to look into that right away!