PDA

View Full Version : Holder for Fuji Quickloads

soboyle
24-Jul-2014, 04:40
I was given a box of expired Fuji Provia quickloads, but I don't have the Fuji holder. I do have the Polaroid 545 holder.
I tried a quickload in the holder to see how it worked, but it became jammed about 3/4 of the way out, near the Polaroid rollers, when I tried to remove the film.
When I finally managed to pull the film out, the metal clip at the bottom of the film had pulled off, and I assume the film was exposed as well.
Not sure what I did wrong, the 545 is supposed to work with these quickloads.

I assume the Fuji holder would work better, I've read that the film is held flatter and less light leaks when using the Fuji holder. Any comments on improving the use of the one I have, or should I pick up a used Fuji?

djdister
24-Jul-2014, 05:24
I tried a quickload in the holder to see how it worked, but it became jammed about 3/4 of the way out, near the Polaroid rollers, when I tried to remove the film. When I finally managed to pull the film out, the metal clip at the bottom of the film had pulled off, and I assume the film was exposed as well.
Not sure what I did wrong, the 545 is supposed to work with these quickloads.

The Fuji holders are certainly out there - someone on this forum probably has one to offer. As far as using the Polaroid holder, when removing the quickload after exposure I believe you have to do 2 things - make sure the rollers are apart (big lever at the "L" position), and push in the metal lever (by the "R") prior to pulling it out so that the metal clip on the bottom of the quickload is released.

soboyle
24-Jul-2014, 06:18
Thanks - I did both - made sure 545 lever was in the L position, and pushed the release.
The film was caught further out, near the rollers, and would not let go. It seemed to be the 2 white paper strips that were
catching on something in the 545, because when I yanked it out finally they were bent backwards, and the metal clip had also been pulled off.
The metal clip was not pulled off when it was fully inserted.
So the 545 seems essentially useless to me as a quickload holder, unless I'm missing something.

djdister
24-Jul-2014, 06:30
Oh well, the theory was there. Anyway, you can find several Fuji holders for sale on the *bay site from $20-50.

Steve Goldstein
24-Jul-2014, 06:36
I've used Fuji quickloads in Polaroid 545i holders (I have two) with no issues, following the procedure Dan described. One thing that's important is to make sure you're pulling and pushing in line with the holder, with no sidewards motion. Is it possible you're not pulling straight out when trying to remove the QL?

Larry Gebhardt
24-Jul-2014, 06:46
The newest Kodak Readyload holders work well with Fuji Quickloads as well. Both work better (and are lighter) than the 545 holders.

soboyle
24-Jul-2014, 06:54
>>Is it possible you're not pulling straight out when trying to remove the QL?<<
No, the white paper strips were definitely caught on something inside the 545. Not sure what since it's difficult to see inside.
Am shopping for a Fuji Holder now.
FWIW, I've never used the 545 for Polaroid film either, so not certain it is functioning properly.

Greg Miller
24-Jul-2014, 07:16
I have a Quickload holder and a Readyload holder that I would be willing to sell at a fair price. PM me if interested.