PDA

View Full Version : Lens compendiums

swmcl
21-Jul-2014, 23:24
Hi,

There are several lens compendium around and I'd like to get some part nums and sizing please. Apparently, the ones to look at are the Toyo brand but I do note that the Shen Hao ones are a Toyo rip-off.

Can I have a few replies to indicate Toyo part nums and the diameter of the aperture (mm) please?

Cheers,

Steve

Jim Jones
22-Jul-2014, 05:45
Some compendium shades attach to the camera's front standard, and should be for that make and model of camera. Sometimes that style of compendium for one camera can be adapted a different make or model. Other compendium shades attach to the filter thread of the lens. These may be less robust than the camera mounted compendiums, but can be easily adapted to other cameras and lenses. Perhaps LF photographers with your model of camera and experience with compendium shades will offer more specific information.

swmcl
22-Jul-2014, 12:46
My main concern is that there are so many adverts for compendiums that do not mention the sizing but do mention the model number. I'd like to know the part number for a compendium from Toyo that has a 126mm diameter section that goes over the camera lens. I'd also be interested to find a compendium with a square section over the lens that is around 125mm across if possible.