PDA

View Full Version : Razzle rangefinder calibration

jonreid
17-Jul-2014, 01:29
Hi,
I'm going to be listing my Razzle 900 for sale shortly.
It needs the rangefinder to be re-calibrated. I emailed Dean seeking directions but haven't heard from him.
Is anyone familiar with the process? I'd appreciate a step-by-step.
Thanks,

Jon

Corran
17-Jul-2014, 13:41
Hi Jon
If you PM me your email I can forward an email I have about calibrating the RF in the 900, from Steve Icanberry (Alpenhaus).
I'd post it here but I don't want to post his text/images without his consent on a public forum, but he might do it himself.

AlexGard
17-Jul-2014, 14:52
A bit worried about Dean.. Ordered an Obsession in December. He said it would take 6ish weeks. Nearly August. Have had a couple of emails from him but they have been brief.
I hope he's ok...

jonreid
17-Jul-2014, 17:43
Corran, thanks. Will PM you.
Alex, likewise I hope he is OK.

Jon

johnnyow
17-Jul-2014, 18:38
I put down a deposit for a Razzle around March 2013, same 6-ish week figure, but haven't seen or heard from Dean.

jonreid
17-Jul-2014, 20:58
UPDATE.
I received some info & pics from Bryan which helped to identify how to remove the top cover and reveal the two adjustment screws.
The vertical alignment is OK.
The horizontal alignment is weird. I've adjusted it using the ground glass supplied by Dean (which isn't a particularly fine GG) with the camera on a sign post across the road - approx distance 20metres. I then went to check it against an object at a distance of about 3m and it was out horizontally.
Adjusting it for the close object sees it fail at the distant object (infinity).
Do you have any ideas what might be wrong, or what I might be doing wrong?

Jon