PDA

View Full Version : Help requested for Bertram BCI Type Press Camera

Shac
11-Jul-2014, 20:36
Hi everyone, a friend is reconditioning a Bertram View Camera and would like to know what the A - Z lever is on the left side of the front (when behind the camera).I've done a web search and found limited info on the Bertram View - so any help someone could give would be most appreciated

The lever I refer to is shown at http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/10169525
which has this image (please click on it to enlarge)

Many thanks in advance
David

Patrick13
12-Jul-2014, 01:33
German camera. Probably
A = "auf" = open
Z = "zu" = closed

My best guess is that it opens a compatible shutter or iris to focus on the ground glass back.

Shac
12-Jul-2014, 09:04
Thanks Patrick - we'd had the same conclusion as to the meaning of A-Z, but the lever doesn't open the shutter not does it seem connected to it.

giorgiorianna
22-Jan-2015, 13:50
Thanks Patrick - we'd had the same conclusion as to the meaning of A-Z, but the lever doesn't open the shutter not does it seem connected to it.

The level in position A allow you to move forward or backward the front bellow to match the tipe of lens you want to use , you will see it on top of the front panel (where is the indicator for the lens tipe) moving the bellow forward until 180mm you can use both the 105 mm and 180 mm lenses, moving the bellow backward you use the 75mm and later the 65mm.

when you put the level in position Z you block the bellow from accidental movement , do it later you choose what lens want to use. it allowd to match the focus with the rangefinder.