PDA

View Full Version : Apo Navitar 305mm f9?

koh303
11-Jul-2014, 16:32
I found only limited info online about this lens (Apo Naviatr 305mm F9 by DO industries) which i got from a forum member for use on a project which is now almost finished.

I read that DO industries is/was Elgeet, but nowhere is there any info on their LF lenses.
Can anyone shed any light on this?
I know this has a fairly large image circle but wondering if there is an actual number out there?

It seems to be a tessar style lens design...?

koh303
18-Jul-2014, 16:36
anyone?

koh303
21-Jun-2018, 10:54
In a break from tradition, i can now know what the Apo Navitar is.
This is just one of the captive imports of the Kowa made Computar F9 lens design, which was sold under the following brands:
Kyvytar
Computr
Graphic-Kowa
As the in shutter versions in the following focal lengths 150mm 210mm 240mm 270mm 305mm 360mm, and which were branded for the various importers, in this case DO Industries.

This has now been confirmed, as i have a Computar, Graphic Kowa and the Navitar 305mm F9, all elements apart, and they are identical.
The only difference of note, is that the Navitar is mounted in a full size #3 copal shutter, with adapter flanges for the front and rear cell, which both natively fit a #3s shutter. The aperture scales are also marked slightly different, with a dot, instead of a line under each whole aperture number on the scale.

Another observed difference is that the Navitar barrel is nor marked, on the outside, nor on the lens face plate/ring - but instead only the screw on hard lens shade is marked. As it has been almost 4 years since the original post, i will say that i vaguely remember the other lens having the same number marking 10011, though this is possibly not a serial number.