PDA

View Full Version : Busch Vademecum casket set

Daniele Tanto
4-Nov-2004, 00:42
I finally found a complete, with filters, Busch Vademecum casket set nr.II. I have experience with use of casket set lenses.....but I have no the right idea what the two filters in plain glass marked I and II will do in the middle of the cells. Someone have experiences with this set, particularly with the use of the two not colored filters?
Thanks
Daniele

Bill_1856
4-Nov-2004, 14:14
Suggust that you contact dickburk@ix.netcom.com, or post on rec.photo.equipment.large-format forum.

David A. Goldfarb
4-Nov-2004, 19:39
If they are just plain glass, then they might be just to protect the shutter when using only one cell.

Tony Lakin
9-Nov-2004, 08:23
Hi

I have a Busch Vademecum casket set no. II with original instructions, if you would like a J-peg scan please send your E-mail address to tony@tonylakin.com.

The No.1 between lens is for focal length combinations of 4" to 10.5" the No.2 for combinations of 11" to 30", although it does not describe their purpose I assume the correct for focus shift, firstly you focus at full aperture the stop down and insert the appropriate lens.

If you require soft focus do not use the 'between lenses', I have never used these lenses as it is usually easier to focus at the working aperture.

P.S. Anyone out there have a spare 75cm cell as mine is damaged, I would gladly pay for a replacement or I have a spare 65cm cell so could possibly swap.