PDA

View Full Version : Gralab 450(?) timer sticking?

alavergh
8-Jul-2014, 19:55
I have been unable to find information about this, but I have a Gralab enlarger timer. I think it's a model 450, or at least looks like what I see when I google "gralab 450."

I love the way this timer works compared to other methods and timers, but the one I've bought seems to stick a little. I should say instead that it's pretty touchy at times. I'll push the big friendly button to get it started and instead of turning the lamp on and running the timer down, sometimes it "double-clicks" and ends up canceling itself, so I've essentially flashed parts of my paper. I'll sometimes make test strips by multiple activations instead of moving my car during a longer exposure and this feels like it could be adding a decent amount of time to my exposure if it happens two or three times.

Are there any fixes to this problem? I don't want to go through the hassle and spend the money on another, or especially a new timer.

Thanks!

jp
9-Jul-2014, 06:55
A lot of the old items with mechanical switches get dirty or corroded. You may have to take it apart and clean the contacts for the switch. If that doesn't work, you can get used ones that are practically unused.