PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Workshop at the Photographer's Formulary

sanking
8-Jul-2014, 13:43
If you are looking for something to do in mid-August consider a trip to the Photographers' Formulary in Montana for a carbon transfer workshop. At this point we have a good group of students but the facilities there are large and two or three more would be welcome.

http://workshopsmt.homestead.com/Sandy-King---Carbon-Transfer-August.html?_=1404838892390

If you have any questions about the facilities please contact Sherry by phone at 800-922-5255 or 406-544-8960,
or by email:sherry@photoformulary.com.

Sandy

Vaughn
8-Jul-2014, 17:25
Glad you got the numbers to run the workshop! The students are in for a great productive time...have a blast!

bob carnie
9-Jul-2014, 05:00
Sandy runs a first rate workshop, well worth the effort to attend if Carbon Transfer Printing is on your bucket list.

sanking
9-Jul-2014, 19:17
Thanks Vaughn and Bob for the kind words.

The facilities in Montana are first rate so I am optimistic that things will go well. I had a great group of students at the F295 workshop at Pittsburgh Filmmakers, including several photographer teachers. And a couple of weeks ago I did a long workshop here at my studio in SC for a MFA student from Canada who is actually getting independent student credit for the work at his university.

Carbon workshop students are very attentive and work hard. Wish my students had been this enthusiastic when I was teaching Spanish literature at the university, in my other life.

Sandy

Jim Fitzgerald
9-Jul-2014, 19:54
Sandy, it is wonderful to teach and inspire like you do. Best of luck. The students are in for a great time learning one of the great processes.

A lot of work but what results!

info@kenleegallery.com
14-Jul-2014, 08:10
You learn a lot more from Sandy than Carbon Printing. Just being in his presence is illuminating.

Kirk Gittings
14-Jul-2014, 08:19
I have talked to many people over the years that have taken workshops with Sandy. They have been unanimous in their praise. There is little doubt that his contributions to many facets of photography, including carbon (but certainly not limited to it), have been major.

Kirk Gittings
14-Jul-2014, 08:21
You learn a lot more from Sandy than Carbon Printing. Just being in his presence is illuminating.

Is this your alter ego Ken?

djdister
14-Jul-2014, 10:02
Is this your alter ego Ken?

This sounds like it could be the "shadow member" login that tgtaylor has seen recently...

info@kenleegallery.com
14-Jul-2014, 10:07
I don't understand.

Kirk Gittings
14-Jul-2014, 10:12
your name as shown uses Ken Lee's website email. Are you Ken Lee? Ken Lee is a long standing member here and a moderator with a ton of posts-not 2. He logs in on a different account. Something odd going on here. Did you cloe out your account and start a new one?

info@kenleegallery.com
14-Jul-2014, 10:15
It's me, using Tapatalk in an airport. For whatever reason I have a separate ID via Tapatalk.

Kirk Gittings
14-Jul-2014, 10:17
OK got it, but it looks here like you logged in on a totally brand new new account with just 3 posts.

djdister
14-Jul-2014, 10:22
From what I've seen, Tapatalk allows you to sign in with a Tapatalk ID, which is separate from any login ID you may have for the LF forum. When I use Tapatalk, I do not log in to Tapatalk, only in the LF forum. So that's confusing...

info@kenleegallery.com
14-Jul-2014, 10:35
I have an iPhone and Tapatalk makes it a bit easier to navigate the forum, but typing on this tiny keyboard is for the birds. I use it as little as possible and the prospect of configuring it to use my forum ID is even more daunting.

In any event, Sandy is much more than a photographer, teacher, inventor, scholar etc. If you get a chance to meet him you find out.

djdister
14-Jul-2014, 10:57
Well at least this mystery is solved.

rdenney
14-Jul-2014, 11:51
I log in with my regular forum ID using Tapatalk. I have steadfastly refused to create a Tapatalk ID.

Rick "using Tapatalk right now" Denney

bob carnie
14-Jul-2014, 12:12
I have an iPhone and Tapatalk makes it a bit easier to navigate the forum, but typing on this tiny keyboard is for the birds. I use it as little as possible and the prospect of configuring it to use my forum ID is even more daunting.

In any event, Sandy is much more than a photographer, teacher, inventor, scholar etc. If you get a chance to meet him you find out.

He is also devious and has a good laugh at another's expense - put him with Sam and he is almost unbearable.

sanking
14-Jul-2014, 13:23
"He is also devious and has a good laugh at another's expense."

Where did you meet my Gemini twin?

Sandy

Peter De Smidt
14-Jul-2014, 14:22
Looks like the BB is booked up. Anyone know about other lodging options?

marfa boomboom tx
14-Jul-2014, 15:10
Looks like the BB is booked up. Anyone know about other lodging options?

SwaN river lodge

Peter De Smidt
14-Jul-2014, 16:36
I just saw Sandy's Galician Coast photo on his website. It's mind-bogglingly good.

I'm going to try to go to the workshop, although it'll be a hard sell to Janice (wife). She'd be on her own all day, which doesn't hold much appeal to her, and she's not interested in learning about carbon printing.

Erik Larsen
14-Jul-2014, 16:50
I just saw Sandy's Galician Coast photo on his website. It's mind-bogglingly good.

I'm going to try to go to the workshop, although it'll be a hard sell to Janice (wife). She'd be on her own all day, which doesn't hold much appeal to her, and she's not interested in learning about carbon printing.

Glacier park is about an hour away if she is interested in that sort of thing. It's a beautiful place.

sanking
3-Sep-2014, 11:56
There was a good group of students at my recent carbon transfer workshop at the Photographer's Formulary. Anthony Mournian, one of the students in the class, wrote a small article for the Formulary Newsletter about the workshop, and carbon printing.

http://www.Ti-Hex.com/2014%20NL%20folder/August2014%20folder/August-September2014NL.pdf

Thanks for looking.

Sandy

Peter De Smidt
3-Sep-2014, 12:27
Nice article. I'm sure it was a great workshop.