PDA

View Full Version : Help with Mamiya lens data

Ceebee
5-Jul-2014, 13:12
Hi, any one know the angle of coverage for the following

Mamiya Sekor 65mm 6,3 and 50mm 6.3 lenses
as used on the press cameras or where i could find the info ?

Thanks

Dan Fromm
5-Jul-2014, 15:47
They have to cover 6x9 (2.25" x 3.25") so they cover no less than 75 and 90 degrees respectively. There's no reason to expect them to cover a larger format.

Jim Galli
6-Jul-2014, 19:58
The 65mm was a wide angle double gauss and we would guess any of those designs at just about 90 degrees. The 6.3 50mm is a copy of the biogon and covers 100+ degrees. They are not usable on either 3X4 or 4X5 formats. Also there is a myth that the 75mm f5.6 covers 4X5. I've been down that road. It does NOT. Unless you like blackened corners perfectly straight on. It will however cover 3X4 Polaroids which it was designed to do.

I have a lovely 58 page Mamiya Press Super 23 book that outlines all of the system lenses and their designs which I would be happy to sell as I never plan to have another Mamiya Press 6X9 camera. Contact me by PM if interested.

Ceebee
8-Jul-2014, 13:30
Thanks for the info. I'm actually looking into options for a viewfinder for a panoramic based on a 90mm Super Angulon i've managed to get hold of. Press options seem to come up now and then.

ic-racer
8-Jul-2014, 15:49
Thanks for the info. I'm actually looking into options for a viewfinder for a panoramic based on a 90mm Super Angulon i've managed to get hold of. Press options seem to come up now and then.

You did not mention the format, but if this 90mm lens is going to be used on film 5" across then you could have a look at the Voigtlander 21/25mm Viewfinder.

Ceebee
12-Jul-2014, 04:45
It will be around 6 x 17, so i think a rider around the low 20 isn with a mask should do it. There are a few around but i'm trying to keep the cost down and the Voigtlanders are not cheap. I could try to make my own , there are a few ideas around the web. Thanks for the input.