PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 6x7/6x9 Mask for 4x5 Ground Glass

jcc
4-Jul-2014, 11:58
Does anyone have a roll film back mask that I can print and cut out (maybe in PDF form) for a 4x5 ground glass? Figured asking first might save some time, before I start to make one from scratch.

BrianShaw
4-Jul-2014, 12:15
Send me an email. I can reply with a PDF file.

Daniel Stone
6-Jul-2014, 10:47
Just a thought:

You might want to make sure that the images is indeed centered(or not) within the 4x5 frame. I know that with the Polaroid 405 pack film backs, they aren't centered perfectly. Knowing exactly where you are framed in regards to the back(s) you are using, it'll be well worth the time to take the measurements. Personally, I err on the side of showing less in the "frame" than the back will indeed record. That way I know that I'll have slightly more space around your intended framing. Yes, a slight crop is necessary, but trivial at best in regards to final quality in a print vs a complete "uncropped" frame. At least in my experience.

-Dan

jcc
6-Jul-2014, 10:59
Just a thought:

You might want to make sure that the images is indeed centered(or not) within the 4x5 frame. I know that with the Polaroid 405 pack film backs, they aren't centered perfectly. Knowing exactly where you are framed in regards to the back(s) you are using, it'll be well worth the time to take the measurements. Personally, I err on the side of showing less in the "frame" than the back will indeed record. That way I know that I'll have slightly more space around your intended framing. Yes, a slight crop is necessary, but trivial at best in regards to final quality in a print vs a complete "uncropped" frame. At least in my experience.

-Dan

Specially with the 405 backs! Of the two versions I had, one was way to the side, and the other was almost way to the side.