PDA

View Full Version : On camera portrait vignette seen on EBay Studio Deardorff

Tin Can
2-Jul-2014, 10:22
I was aware of on camera vignette attached to compendium shade, but I just saw a Gobo style on a Portrait Deardorff on Ebay here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=201121036519&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123).

This looks like a great addition to my portrait camera.

Is anybody using this type vignette?

I have yet to do this.

Now I have another little project to build. What a great idea.

Jac@stafford.net
2-Jul-2014, 10:58
I know those types of vignettes. A late associate used them for his whole seventy-year portrait career on a Century studio 8x10. (He had his 'groove'.) He used various shapes, a favorite was a multi-point star shape. He also used translucent edge softening frames. It was very easy to set up and use, a very flexible unit.

You can make your own, Randy. I'm sure of that.

Tin Can
2-Jul-2014, 11:05
Thanks Jac, I do plan to make the setup and vignettes, looks like a fun, very cheap and extremely worthwhile project.

From the Ebay pictures it looks like he had a sliding double rod moving the vignette in and out. I think the framework was simply a couple hooks so the whole vignette frame could be quickly removed.

I too am looking for my groove and once I get it nailed, I will use it!

I know those types of vignettes. A late associate used them for his whole seventy-year portrait career on a Century studio 8x10. (He had his 'groove'.) He used various shapes, a favorite was a multi-point star shape. He also used translucent edge softening frames. It was very easy to set up and use, a very flexible unit.

You can make your own, Randy. I'm sure of that.