PDA

View Full Version : Mounting Solution - Nikkor SW 150 f8 Copal 1

dodphotography
2-Jul-2014, 08:31
Just purchased this lens, it is currently mounted in a Sinar 5 1/2" square board. I need to have this mounted to a 6x6 board for my Ritter. What's the best solution... have this mounted into an adapter or try and have it mounted straight to a new 6x6 board.

In the past I had issues mounting lenses straight to 6x6 boards, my Fuji 250 6.7 didn't have enough thread to make it all the way through the thickness of the wood. That lens is still with my shop, I was told there was no doubt his man could mount it but I'm fearful of the cost.

I'm worried about this happening as well with the new lens.

Anyone mind educating me a small bit?

Sal Santamaura
2-Jul-2014, 08:43
Can't Richard Ritter mill a recess at the board's rear to accept your lens' retaining ring? That's how my large wooden Phillips lensboards are configured.

dodphotography
2-Jul-2014, 09:20
I guess I could have called him for that. I went the cheap route and got boards on eBay

jbenedict
2-Jul-2014, 12:11
There are also flanges made to mount lens on boards. You drill the hole and mount the flange in the hole where you want it and fasten it down using wood screws or drilling holes and using screws, washers and nuts. Then, you screw the lens into the flange. Works like a champ. Not exactly sure where you could get one of these but I'm sure someone like SK Grimes has them. Someone else here might know more places or be able to sell you one.

Jeff

Tin Can
2-Jul-2014, 13:05
I use Linhof knockoff boards for this. I securely mount to the Linhof board and then through bolt that plate to my desired larger board. I use Home Depot stainless 4-40 bolts, nuts and washers.

I use hole saws hand held in a 2 handle 1/2" drill. I can get very accurate with careful work.

If I am simply experimenting gaff tape will hold a Linhof board to anything.