PDA

View Full Version : Photography supplies Australia.

Enrique Vila
2-Nov-2004, 05:14
Hi Everybody,

I´m having trouble finding large format supplies in the Melbourne area here in Australia and was wondering whether anyone could give any pointers?

Have tried a couple of local photoshops but have not found any 4x5 BW film or FB paper...

Regards from Donw Under,

Enrique.-

otzi
2-Nov-2004, 05:57
Try; Kayell, Borg Anderson, Baltronics, Schreiber, Ilford, Agfa but your best bet will probably be Vanbar.

Enrico
2-Nov-2004, 06:32
Vanbar in Carlton would be my first stop when in Melbourne. You will be sure to find 5x4 film and fibre base paper... and plenty of it.

Paul Ewins
2-Nov-2004, 15:13
Last time I was in Ted's, I think they had one box of sheet film sitting on the shelf with the other b&w films (i.e. unrefrigerated), but that is all that I can recall in the CBD. I think you will need to head out to Vanbar in Carlton if you want any sort of choice.

Vanbar also have a shop in Daly St, South Yarra if that is closer to you. You should be able to get FB paper and most chemicals there, but 4x5 b&W film is usually limited to Tmax in 50 sheet boxes and possibly some of the east european ortho film. They can of course get stuff sent over from the Carlton shop if you aren't in a hurry.

Graeme Hird
2-Nov-2004, 17:10
Another vote for Vanbar.

If you can't get into Carlton, use the internet and order stuff from their site: they'll send it out to you by courier for about the same as it'll cost you to go in and get it.

I'm in Kalgoorlie, WA, and I use Vanbar all the time.

www.vanbar.com.au

Cheers,

Enrique Vila
2-Nov-2004, 18:10
Hi Everyone...

Thanks for the info...

It seems unanimous that vanbar is the place...

I'll head up there...

Cheers,

Enrique./

Nigel Smith
3-Nov-2004, 18:06
I send my wife up there :)