PDA

View Full Version : Beijing Airport Security?

mediopollito
1-Jul-2014, 19:31
Hello,

Has anyone flown internationally from Beijing to another destination? What was your experience with bringing film? Can you request them to hand check it?

Thank you!

pierre506
2-Jul-2014, 02:30
Yep, you can ask them to hand check.
It means that you should always bring films with you.

Good luck~

mediopollito
2-Jul-2014, 06:32
Thank you very much! :)

JMB
2-Jul-2014, 10:15
Hello,

Has anyone flown internationally from Beijing to another destination? What was your experience with bringing film? Can you request them to hand check it?

Thank you!

I have never departed from Beijing before, but I have flown out of Pudong many times. I have never had a problem with a hand check at Pudong. In fact, they have always been very fast to agree --no discussion. Sometimes the security agent is unfamiliar with sheet film, and this requires a brief explanation. One time, the security agent wanted to use my change bag to open one box. But each time has always been easy, friendly sailing. So I would say have a change bag handy as a back up, and you will almost certainly get a quick and easy hand check.

Hugo Zhang
2-Jul-2014, 10:42
Make sure that each individual bag inside the film box containing unexposed/exposed sheets is light-proof. I use black electrical tapes to wrap each bag because they might ask you to open the box to see what is inside. One time I had my changing bag with my checked-in luggage and had to talk to them for a while before they would let me go without opening my boxes.

Martin Dake
2-Jul-2014, 16:21
I have travelled through Beijing Terminal 1 and 3 domestic and international.
Carried film through in carry on.
Film was fine when I got home.

mediopollito
3-Jul-2014, 17:48
Thank you all!! This time I'll mostly be bringing 120mm film but this is good to know for future reference.

John Olsen
3-Jul-2014, 19:34
Nice, efficient airport. My tickets fell out of my pocket there once and by the time I walked to security, the tickets were waiting for me. Their x-ray machines must be OK because I've never had problems with TriX on China trips.

Rayt
16-Jul-2014, 21:38
Flying in China I never have trouble getting my film hand inspected. For sheet film I don't bother because I don't want to invite scrutiny into what is inside the foil packs. In the US I certainly would not want to draw attention to boxes I won't open with the TSA.

mediopollito
24-Jul-2014, 07:07
Thank you everyone! You're right, they were very respectful and I also had no problem getting my film hand checked.