PDA

View Full Version : Nikon Nikkor 75mm on Ebony RW45

Gary Ritson
27-Jun-2014, 01:56
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone has any experience using a Nikon Nikkor 75mm on an Ebony RW45 with a flat normal lens board?
It says in the technical info of the camera that a 65mm may be used on this camera but I seem to be having trouble getting a 75 mm brought in far enough to get it to focus!!!
Any ideas? Should I be looking for a recessed lens board or can it be done with a normal lens board?
Thanks

Keith Pitman
27-Jun-2014, 06:00
Are you trying this with the front standard leaning backwards, and the lensboard then brought to vertical?

Joe O'Hara
27-Jun-2014, 07:26
Gary,

I have done this with an RW45 using a Grandagon 75mm. You do have to use the front base tilt combined with the axis tilt to get
the lens parallel with the film plane again. The biggest problem is that the groundglass is kind of dim in the corners, but you're going
to have that with any short lens and a standard fresnel.

Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone has any experience using a Nikon Nikkor 75mm on an Ebony RW45 with a flat normal lens board?
It says in the technical info of the camera that a 65mm may be used on this camera but I seem to be having trouble getting a 75 mm brought in far enough to get it to focus!!!
Any ideas? Should I be looking for a recessed lens board or can it be done with a normal lens board?
Thanks

Gary Ritson
27-Jun-2014, 11:50
Hello there and thanks for the replies.
I found a pdf of ebony rw45 instructions and with your advice on getting the lens closer to the ground glass I'm starting to make some progress.
I will try the method of getting the front closer to the back soon. Today I managed to get the back standard to move forwards and used base back tilt to bring the image into sharp focus.

Gary

Drew Wiley
27-Jun-2014, 12:06
I'll assume you have the "universal" bellows, with that front section being bag-like. Otherwise, you've got a problem. But yeah, if you use base tilt on both the front
and the back to bring the ends closer together, then true up your front and back with the respective middle axis tilt knobs, you should be just able to accommodate a 75.