PDA

View Full Version : ebony dealer

bruno
1-Nov-2004, 06:53
Hi,
I'm looking for an EBONY camera dealer in New York city, if someone knows about a good place
thank you

BRUNO

Matthew Cordery
1-Nov-2004, 07:56
Second that vote on Badger. I didn't buy my Ebony from them because I got the RSW 45 from Robert White in the UK. However, I did get a Schneider lens from them and got nothing but great service and prompt answers to questions.

Gem Singer
1-Nov-2004, 08:02
Hi Bruno,

I am assuming from your inquiry that you want to examine, and actually handle, an Ebony camera before you decide to purchase one. Probably the only place in the U.S.A. where you can do that with several different models of Ebony cameras is at Midwest Photo Exchange (www.mpex.com), in Columbus, Ohio. Jim is expecting a large shipment of Ebonys, in various models and formats, momentarily.

From what I have been told, Badger Graphics, in Wisconsin, does not keep many Ebonys in stock and does not have a show room that is open to the public. Quality Camera, in Georgia, does not stock new Ebonys, but will special order one for you. As far as New York, good luck. It seems like Ebony cannot keep up with the demand. From what Jim has told me, he can't keep a less expensive RW810 Ebony in stock. They sell before he receives them.

steve simmons
1-Nov-2004, 08:26
Try Lens and Repro in NYC

steve simmons

Brian Ellis
1-Nov-2004, 08:40
There aren't any Ebony dealers in NY. I bought two Ebony cameras from MidWest, they're very generous with their return policy so you would have plenty of time in which to try the camera and still get a full refund if you didn't like it. Talk to Jim, he problably would give you at least a 30 day return period, maybe longer if you asked.

adrian tyler
1-Nov-2004, 13:07
i think that robert white just recieved a shipment.

(no, i don't work there)

Bernard Languillier
2-Nov-2004, 02:53
Having just bought a new Ebony 45SU in Japan, I can tell you that you will probably not want to return it... :-)

By the way, the most popular models (45SU, SV45U,...) are readily available on display in Tokyo main camera stores and it should also be possible to speak directly with Ebony if needed.

Cheers,
Bernard

Scott Rosenberg
3-Nov-2004, 10:23
bruno...

i'd mirror what others have said about midwest photo... great prices, great serivce, very easy to do business with. ask for jim, he'll treat you right.