PDA

View Full Version : Correct use of Fuji film holder?

soboyle
21-Jun-2014, 08:19
Newbie questions here - see photo, is this how the Fuji instant film holder is supposed to mount on camera? It is stretching the springs to what seems like breaking point.
Do I need to remove ground glass first?

csxcnj
21-Jun-2014, 08:33
I remove the back first.

Louis Pacilla
21-Jun-2014, 08:40
I believe you can remove the ground glass frame and use the clips for Graflok accessories. If you look at the holder there are groves on each side which accept the Graflok sliders. (visible in the photo you posted on the top of your camera back).

soboyle
21-Jun-2014, 09:35
Thanks, very helpful, any idea where I can pick up the graflok clips for the shen hao 45?

soboyle
21-Jun-2014, 09:37
Also looking for a brighter ground glass, the stock gg is very hard to focus.

Jim C.
21-Jun-2014, 10:48
Your Shen Hao doesn't look like it will accept any kind of graflok accessories, I'd as Shen Hao if they make a graflok back.

Louis Pacilla
21-Jun-2014, 11:38
Your Shen Hao doesn't look like it will accept any kind of graflok accessories, I'd as Shen Hao if they make a graflok back.

That's funny because I can see them. If you look at the top there are a pair of ears sitting high after the back is removed the sliders should be there. Now mind you that this Graflok back doesn't look the same as a Graflex Graflok back & the sliders are painted black.

Check out the screen grab I made from your posted image. I circled the sliders in red and I circled in blue the area in which your ground glass frame should detach from the back itself . just use your common sense, take a look at your back and figure out how the ground glass frame pops/slides off. Then after the gg frame is removed simply insert the instant film holder in the open slot and slide each slider in the groves on the instant film holder.

I do not own this camera but have seen them before. I believe yours is an earlier Shen Hao HZX45-IIA made before they added models/styles of cameras which brought on a redesigned spring for the ground glass frame so your back may be a bit different from current models but should still have a Graflok back.

soboyle
21-Jun-2014, 12:41
Louis - Well spotted! Seems to work well when I remove the GG and adjust the sliders down to fit the back. Thank you!
I think your right about this camera being an early model, there is no model number on it, just a serial number.
Now I need to get a Graflok sliding back with ground glass. The GG I currently have is very difficult to see and focus in dim light. Any recommendations on a GG back that
would fit this camera? Something with a Fresnel lens to give more light and higher contrast?

Jim C.
22-Jun-2014, 12:05
That's funny because I can see them. If you look at the top there are a pair of ears sitting high after the back is removed the sliders should be there. Now mind you that this Graflok back doesn't look the same as a Graflex Graflok back & the sliders are painted black.

Learn something new everyday :)
I'm used to seeing the long slider bars on graflok backs.