PDA

View Full Version : Pizza Hut Deardorff

Peter Galea
27-Oct-2004, 22:28
Has anyone noticed the Deardorff(s) in the Pizza Hut ad on tv?
I haven't figured the connection yet, buti t's nice to see.
I guess Giselle and Esquire have made it mainstream.

Darin Cozine
27-Oct-2004, 23:37
the deardorff does look like a pizza box when folded, tripod-plate up.

Rich Long
28-Oct-2004, 07:16
Did anyone see the film "What the Bleep?" (an independent, I believe). In one of the early scenes, the main character is using an 8x10 to shoot the interior of a train station. I'm not educated enough to recognize either the train station or the camera.

Brian Vuillemenot
28-Oct-2004, 11:19
That's great- I like my Deardorffs with pepperoni and extra cheese!!!

Ed Candland
28-Oct-2004, 18:06
I hear thick crust Deardorffs are more stable with long lenses. Any truth to this?

John Kasaian
29-Oct-2004, 22:19
Its only natural since Deardorffs, like pizzas, are such chick magnets! There is also the McGyver effect to consider: A pepperoni, in an emergency, be used as a lens cap on 159mm Wollensak WA. Jalapeno juice can be used as a lens cleaning solution. Black olive slices can be cemented with melted cheese to patch pinholes in bellows. Pieces of thick crust, sewn into the corners of your dark cloth will keep them from flapping on windy days(but won't bust your ground glass like lead wieghts or washers) The little white plastic three legged thingy that comes in the middle of a pizza can be modified to hold wratten filters. A pizza box can double as a white card for reflecting light. An onion, applied to the center of your lens can act as a makshift ND filter. Italian sausage grease can be used to lubricate your dark slides so you can pull them without jiggling your camera. Melted provalone with red pepper flakes on your tripod head will provide enough traction to keep the deardorff plate from turning. Pineapple slices from a hawaiian pizza can give you a vignette look if desired. In fact, if charged by a bear, the entire pizza is of such aeronautical perfection that it can be thrown frisbee style a considerable distance, luring the hungry bear far enough away to give you a running start back to the truck!;-)

Rich Long
30-Oct-2004, 09:24
I searched the B&H site for 'jalapeno cleaning solution', but couldn't find it. Is this a proprietary product that must be ordered directly from Pizza Hut? I'm going to add the Pizza Hut website to my 'favorites' list under the Large Format category.

Thanks for the tips, John!

Scott Rosenberg
6-Dec-2004, 20:19
you people are all nuts.

folks that say painters and sculpters are the true creative artists while photographers are merely documentarians need to see threads like these.