PDA

View Full Version : Elevator 15 Celebration and Photo Event

bob carnie
16-Jun-2014, 12:30
I would like to announce a fundraiser show and event that Elevator is putting on.

We are moving, and we will be in two locations, one on the Danforth in Toronto, and another near Castlefield in Toronto.
The Danforth will be the new home of Bob Carnie Printmaking and The Dylan Ellis Gallery. Both operations are dedicated to the best printmaking and an exhibition space and gallery to
show great photography and photo related events.
The Castlefield location will be for commercial Decor Finishing and will be a go to location for local designers.

This event is being held to raise funds for these complicated moves and we have been lucky to have fantastic support from our clients and friends sponsoring images for purchase.
We have a good cross section of artists and many are from this forum and I thank every one involved.

http://elevatordigital.ca/elevator15/index.html

Erik Larsen
16-Jun-2014, 13:30
Good luck with the fundraiser and the move Bob!

Andrew O'Neill
16-Jun-2014, 17:46
Good luck, Bob!

bob carnie
27-Jun-2014, 10:18
Thank You

I am just embarking on the printing now, we are mixing it up big time , from pt pd print , inkjet, RA4 , to tri colour gum and enlarger silver gelatin. Over a hundred prints in 5 weeks, this should be a challenge, but I love this type of thing.
We are matting everything in Risings Matt Board, and all the ink and alt prints are on Canson fibre rag, Canson Arches Aquarelle, and Arches Platine. This will be a full day viewing and then event of drawing the prints for each ticket sold in the evening.

This is when good profiles are a blessing.

bob carnie
16-Jul-2014, 11:55
A bit more propaganda on our upcoming celebration, thanks to all the members here who have graciously allowed me to use their images to raise money for our moves.

Hi All

Hope this finds you well and enjoying your summer.

I want to let you know about some exciting changes here at Elevator; I am moving the digital and analog printing to new premises on the Danforth.
Kevin will be taking the commercial business and mounting/framing to the design district at Castlefield & Caledonia. We will be in our new locations for September 1.
We are celebrating our future, and our past, with a huge photo event at Arta Gallery on the 30th of July.
Hope you can take a look at our micro site and participate.
I think you will like the work!

Elevator15 is about great photographic work, and the people with whom we have worked for many years.
It is an opportunity to take home beautiful, valuable work at a nominal price.
The event works on a 'buy-a-ticket, get-a-print’ premise. Like a draw where everybody wins.
The surprise is in which print. You really can’t lose and it will be a fun evening.

We will also be auctioning a 1/1 special edition print of Vivian Maier’s iconic self portraits.
This will be the first platinum/palladium print of her work, ever; made by us.
(there is more info on this print on the site at the link below).

http://www.elevatordigital.ca/elevator15/
Speak soon,
Bob

bob carnie
16-Jul-2014, 11:59
I am 3/4 through the printing, we are working on the pt pd's this week , just finished the Vivian Maier self portrait yesterday.

I would like to thank Canson who without their generous donation of InkJet Paper and Arches Platine this would not be possible.

They will be at the opening and I hope that those of you in the GTA area or visiting Toronto that week can drop by for the public afternoon viewing or buy tickets and attend the evening activities.