PDA

View Full Version : Globualls in the selenium

ShannonG
16-Jun-2014, 07:22
I found clear jelly like globs sin my Sel.. they filtered out fine but was just wondering what causes this..Its a relatively new mix.
thanks for any info
S

Doremus Scudder
17-Jun-2014, 11:31
I found clear jelly like globs sin my Sel.. they filtered out fine but was just wondering what causes this..Its a relatively new mix.
thanks for any info
S

I've had this happen a time or two. I suspect some kind of organic growth; bacteria or whatever. I've just filtered it out as well and had no ill effects.

Best,

Doremus

ShannonG
17-Jun-2014, 14:12
Ok great im glad im not the only one.Yes,some of the globs look like a mold or fungus.

ROL
17-Jun-2014, 14:43
Not the only one. 'Lily pads' form when my covered Se tray has been left stagnant for a couple of weeks or more, but only it seems in the last couple of years. I dump the tray at that point and remix new. The only thing that has changed in my lab that I can put my finger on during the globule formation era is diminished activity. Doremus' explanation seems logical enough to me.

Toyon
19-Jun-2014, 09:32
Time to toss it (but only according to your local sanitary regulations).

Doremus Scudder
20-Jun-2014, 07:54
FWIW, I've filtered the scum and reused my toner with no ill effects, as mentioned above. The wash-aid, wash and stabilizer steps should be adequate to remove any possible contaminants.

As a note of interest, the last time I filtered some of this slimy stuff out was several years ago. The replenished toner solution has been going fine since then with no scum/slime formation. Not sure as to why...

Best,

Doremus

Toyon
22-Jun-2014, 08:06
Send the scum out for analysis and give us a report please.

Jim Noel
22-Jun-2014, 08:33
have had the same experience as Doremus. I have been replenishing my batch of toner for more years than i can remember.

ROL
23-Jun-2014, 08:09
Selenium toner replenishers – how is replenishing best accomplished? Do you use straight toner in the working? How much? The situation in my lab is that 30 seconds or so must be added to tone to color change in each subsequent session averaging 10 to 15 16x20 sized prints (depending on specific paper) in unreplenished 1:20 toner.