PDA

View Full Version : Linhof 6x9 vs. Linhof 70 cams - interchangeable?

Corran
16-Jun-2014, 06:33
Can a Linhof 6x9 (III) cam work on a Linhof 70 camera, or vice-versa?

Couldn't find a definitive answer via Google. I'm hoping I can pull a couple of lenses from a III kit and use on a 70 kit, and sell the rest of the 6x9 piecemeal.

Bob Salomon
16-Jun-2014, 09:24
No. Cams for Linhof 69 cameras are specific for the 3 lenses the cam is cut for by serial number and for the camera body they will be used on by serial number. I am not sure if the III cam will mount on a later model.

Corran
16-Jun-2014, 11:04
The lens/cams would be matched. I was hoping with proper infinity calibration it would work on the different camera.

The Tech III has a weird infinity system with holes cut into the rails that little nubbins or something slide into, but the 70 has more traditional infinity tabs, so they can be changed/moved.

Well I'm thinking I might be better off keeping the Tech III system together for resale, I just really wanted my 105mm f/2.8 Xenotar to work on the 70 (it is coming with an 80mm Xenotar).

Bob Salomon
16-Jun-2014, 13:32
The lens/cams would be matched. I was hoping with proper infinity calibration it would work on the different camera.

The Tech III has a weird infinity system with holes cut into the rails that little nubbins or something slide into, but the 70 has more traditional infinity tabs, so they can be changed/moved.

Well I'm thinking I might be better off keeping the Tech III system together for resale, I just really wanted my 105mm f/2.8 Xenotar to work on the 70 (it is coming with an 80mm Xenotar).

Just send it to Bob Watkins and as long as cams with the 80mm lobe are still available he can calibrate it to your camera.