View Full Version : What kind of grain / effect is this?

14-Jun-2014, 09:52
Was it done as a PP effect? I think the print is inkjet. I shot through the glass and it is kinda fuzzy. You can see the grain structure best in the arm photo.

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q661/shiroplum1/DSC00909lr_zps6caaa344.jpg (http://s1353.photobucket.com/user/shiroplum1/media/DSC00909lr_zps6caaa344.jpg.html)

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q661/shiroplum1/DSC00905lr_zps81cd2f65.jpg (http://s1353.photobucket.com/user/shiroplum1/media/DSC00905lr_zps81cd2f65.jpg.html)

Jason Greenberg Motamedi
14-Jun-2014, 10:18
Reticulation? or maybe the Photoshop version of it.

14-Jun-2014, 10:24
It looks rather like reticulation.

This is a just a photoshop sample. I've never had it occur with film.


14-Jun-2014, 12:46
I get something similar to that with a reflecting lens.

Peter Gomena
14-Jun-2014, 12:59
It looks like reticulation to me, also. I have done it with film, but not intentionally.

15-Jun-2014, 08:53
i get that from time to time because i am not consistent with my film /chemistry temperatures
it is most likely a small "aged" film that has been magnified with a scanner ... when i scan my
reticulated film it is pronounced like that but hand printed in the dark, it is not ...