PDA

View Full Version : shen hao hzx45 IIA with a spring back??

ImSoNegative
8-Jun-2014, 08:57
I bought one of these recently from keh and it has a spring back instead of the graph lock back has anyone ever seen something like this on one of these cameras? It also has the locking lever that will lock a roll film holder in place once the ground glass is removed

ImSoNegative
8-Jun-2014, 08:59
it doesn't look like the ground glass can be removed without removing the springs

Huub
9-Jun-2014, 14:14
You have to keep the camera closed and put it on its bottom. Then push both springs simultaniously and gently slide the back to the right side - a few mm is enough. Then you can take of the ground glass and spring mechanism of and the sliders for the graph lock will come free.

ImSoNegative
10-Jun-2014, 04:11
You have to keep the camera closed and put it on its bottom. Then push both springs simultaniously and gently slide the back to the right side - a few mm is enough. Then you can take of the ground glass and spring mechanism of and the sliders for the graph lock will come free.

got it, thanks wow what a PITA, so much for using a roll film holder with this thing

ImSoNegative
10-Jun-2014, 04:12
this model that I have must be one of the earlier ones

Huub
11-Jun-2014, 07:53
With some practice it will become easier and you will get the hang of it. It can also be done when the camrea is open, but that was harder to explain.

BTW, my camera is about 14 months old and i simply love how it looks and all the movements is has. So much better then the Toyo i used for years.