PDA

View Full Version : A Cambo Ultimate 23, now what else do I need? Newby questions.

PeterDorr
6-Jun-2014, 09:40
I am in the process of buying a used Cambio Ultima 23 with two lenses.
-Schneider Kreuznach APO-Companon, Schneider HM 4.0/
-Schneider Kreuznach Superangulon 5.6/72mm XL115 Copal nr.0

The cam is with glassplate and rail and I want to use my digital multishot Hasselblad H5 back with it.
I would prefer to connect it to my computer to create the ability for multishots, but how would you check focus? Will that be done through life view on the HB software? Or are there other options?
I saw a switchback? Would that be right?

And how do you trigger the camera, since there are no electronic connections on the adapter?
Will the back be activated by the computer as well?

Sorry guys, pretty newby here. Could really do with some guidance before buying the kit.
Thnx for the help
Peter

jbenedict
6-Jun-2014, 12:42
Check with the manufacturer/servicing dealer of your digital back. You will need some sort of sliding back. To focus, compose, the ground glass back is slid over the film plane and you focus and compose. When you are happy, you slide the digiback into the film plane and take your picture.

If your back is a modern back, it should be able to be completely operated untethered from a computer. Again, read the manual and talk to your digiback dealer.

Since you have not actually bought this camera, you might ask if the lenses are optimized for digital use. I can't tell you *how* they are different but those who know have told me that it matters.